Allentown performance order Fri and SatResults from the July 26 DCI So

"OMG", I get that. Thanks.

However, look at the Allentown lineups. Then tell me which block they ended up in.

I'm saying they should have drawn the 1-3, 4-6 (etc.) blocks based on who was actually AT THOSE SHOWS. i.e. Cadets, Bluecoats, Crown would be 1-3. The draw system works better when you have a full Regional, yes. But not split sites.

This show is judged as a 1 day regional, I believe.

Yes, over TWO days. Makes sense! :)

/sarcasm

That has been the case. The highest score over both days is considered to have won the event. I believe everything is falling into place for a Cadets win at Allentown. However, I do not think they will win in Indy, and could actually drop to third.

That has been the case. The highest score over both days is considered to have won the event. I believe everything is falling into place for a Cadets win at Allentown. However, I do not think they will win in Indy, and could actually drop to third.

I'm thinking with BD being so alone at their show (sorry, SCV), their score will likely win the event regardless.

I also believe the Cadets will struggle to maintain 2nd heading into Indy. We'll see.

so, worst case, carolina crown is ONE SPOT different than they would have otherwise been...

compared to "bad draws" at other shows where corps can be extremely far away from their closest competition (like, 5 corps), this seems barely worth mentioning as a "bad draw"

• Like 1

I'm thinking with BD being so alone at their show (sorry, SCV), their score will likely win the event regardless.

I also believe the Cadets will struggle to maintain 2nd heading into Indy. We'll see.

Isn't this true at any show, any lineup, any number of corps this year? Gotta give them their due credit.

Just hoping for a TILT in the scores during finals week.

Edited by oldbandguy

so, worst case, carolina crown is ONE SPOT different than they would have otherwise been...

compared to "bad draws" at other shows where corps can be extremely far away from their closest competition (like, 5 corps), this seems barely worth mentioning as a "bad draw"

In my opinion, for a corps that is surging (Crown), going on before Cavaliers (who may get leaped by BK), it kind of stinks.

I agree there have been wilder draws in the past. But still, this is a two show event. They shouldn't apply the same draw. Just my opinion though -- and no, I'm not in love with Crown this year.

It will be interesting to see how the Colts scores compare, as they are on Friday night and everyone ranked around them is on Saturday: (Rankings from San Antonio)

11th-Madison (Sat)

12th-Crossment (Sat)

13th-Troopers (Sat)

14th-Colts (Friday)

15-Spirit (Sat)

16-Academy (Sat)

Will this help or hurt the Red Team???

I've been wondering the same thing, but I think it will end up being very good for the Red Team! They can go into Allentown with really very little pressure and just knock it out of the park, put up a great score, and let the others around them see that before performing on Saturday. Then, they can get themselves ready for the last few shows of the season and kick some butt at quarterfinals!

Simple, they drew 1-3, 4-6, 7-9 etc. based on Atlanta.

THEN they used the already predetermined attending corps on each night and applied it to that (dumb).

IMHO, they should have drawn groups of 3 from the actual lineups themselves, since everyone is split up! Why does it make sense for Crown to be in the "block of 4-6" at their show, yet Cavies are in the 1-3 block? Ugh.

i think following Madison helps Crown more than hurts them

Saturday is going to be a loooooong night.