Allentown performance order Fri and SatResults from the July 26 DCI So

Extended forecast was looking good over the weekend. Now, Friday during the day could be an issue. Here's to hoping the chance of storms drops and it is clear in the evening.

DayAug 1

38.png

83°FHigh

Scattered T-Storms

Chance of rain: 40%
Night
29.png

60°Low

Partly Cloudy

Chance of rain: 10%
Edited by Old Corps Guy

BTW, Saturday looks great.

DayAug 2
30.png

82°FHigh

Partly Cloudy

Night
27.png

62°Low

Mostly Cloudy

Someone please clarify. For the unusual Allentown format, do the same people who judge their caption Friday night then return on Saturday night and judge the same caption again?

Working on a schedule with the rehearsal sites for Allentown. Anyone that can help me fill in the blanks would be appreciated. I still need the follwoing corps rehearsal sites.

Pioneer

Cascades

Oregon Crusaders

Pacific Crest

Colts

Blue Knights

Santa Clara Vanguard

Defenders

Cadets 2

Mandarins

The Academy

The Cadets

Edited by Old Corps Guy

Someone please clarify. For the unusual Allentown format, do the same people who judge their caption Friday night then return on Saturday night and judge the same caption again?

Yep

I've been wondering the same thing, but I think it will end up being very good for the Red Team! They can go into Allentown with really very little pressure and just knock it out of the park, put up a great score, and let the others around them see that before performing on Saturday. Then, they can get themselves ready for the last few shows of the season and kick some butt at quarterfinals!

Quite frankly, I don't see it as an advantage or disadvantage. I have yet to see any convincing evidence that draw screwed or boosted anyone, ever, in the placements. People love to have something to get worked up over, (especially when there is already an underlying paranoia that their team won't do as good as they want.)

Edited by BozzlyB

We generally remember finals placements only ( if that). I couldn't tell you what the pre show draws were in any regionals ever. ' Not sure anybody else could here either, without looking it up. The Regionals draw, and the Allentown draws are essentially meaningless to anything... especially when the Finals judges will be at Championships and will gettting more chances ( at both Quarters, Semi's ) to see all these Corps before they judge them the final time this season on Finals nite. When we look back at the season, nobody is going to claim that where a Corps wound up on Finals Nite had anything at all to do with any show draws that Corps drew earlier in the season.... and if thats the case, I " draw " a yawn on all these " draws " positions during the season.

Currently, the official National Weather Service forecast looks ok. Mostly sunny to mostly cloudy on Friday, 30% chance of rain Saturday day (not night).