Last Minutes Changes you'd like to see for Finals

Yes, any change needs to flow from what happens before....no gratuitous 30 second major chord "just because they can."

• Like 1

Yes, any change needs to flow from what happens before....no gratuitous 30 second major chord "just because they can."

I agree. I hate when a drum corps does this. To me they muck-it-up. They think they're making it more exciting. To me, they deserve a 1 point penalty for BAD DESIGN that had nothing to do with the show visual or music prior to the change. And if you can't clean a new ending that doesn't work (2 strikes against you), you take the standard "Drop 3 spots" penalty.

Ok, that might be extreme. :-)

• Like 1

like watching a 5 star restaurant's Chief Executive Chef make up a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on white for us.

I concur with your statement. It just leaves me flat every time.

And the peanut butter and jelly sandwich leaves me fat every time.

Edited by Northern Thunder
  • Like 1

But how else would they show how well they learned the fine art of stagger breathing ? ( I do agree with you )

• Like 1

More entertainment less Arban exercises

• Like 3

I agree. I hate when a drum corps does this. To me they muck-it-up. They think they're making it more exciting. To me, they deserve a 1 point penalty for BAD DESIGN that had nothing to do with the show visual or music prior to the change. And if you can't clean a new ending that doesn't work (2 strikes against you), you take the standard "Drop 3 spots" penalty.

Ok, that might be extreme. :-)

I would like to see Cadets get the corps closer to the front earlier in Simple Gifts for more impact. I also feel like they have wasted the brilliance of their battery (75% are rookies) in the back field too much....can they somehow take advantage of their energy to lead this magnificent ensemble to a noble and powerful finish?

Last minute change I'd like to see...

Finals Night...Dan Acheson comes to my seat and says "The van bringing the judges got lost and will not make it tonight. Could you find 10 more qualified folks to do the judging tonight?" Sure Dan...we'll be right there!

Edited by oldbandguy
  • Like 4

Spirit of Atlanta - remove the entire Jubal Step portion of the show (I know this is unrealistic), but it does not fit the theme of the show or any of the other musical selections - it's like it's from a completely different show.

Edited by PRphan72

1) I wish The Cavaliers would mic their Marimba Feature (If they do I apologize, it does not sound loud on FN)

It is mic'ed, but not loud enough. At Atlanta, I heard the amplified marimba and the acoustic sound of the on field marimba separately. It made for a bad effect.

One thing to note is that the first feature is definitely easier to hear than the second. Perhaps they need to adjust for varying stick velocity.

I would like to see the Cadets' current "The Voice Narrator" replaced by William Shatner for one night only...I would pay to see that.

"Ask not....what your country can do...for you! Ask what youcando....for...your country...to reach out...and touchhhhhh me.....to-day!! SPO---- !!!"

TNGWilliam-Shatner-273x300.jpg

Edited by TRacer
  • Like 5