Not only does SCV and BD travel EVERY single year to the east but so does BDB and SCV Cadets. They are not covered in gold. Maybe they fund raise more than most corps but the cost of running an world and open class corp equals out. We're not taking having finals on the west coast every year. But maybe once in 10 years is not asking a lot. When Pasadena was announced as being a host it was announce years in advance. And all world class corps made the trip and a few open corps didn't.

Edited by afd
  • Like 1

The trip West is very expensive.

Why? A gallon of gas costs just as much to burn when you're pointed west as when you're pointed east.

Are the housing sites in the west more expensive? Is it the food? Do staff wages go up when in the west?

Getting from the Midwest to the West Coast is a two-day journey. The same is true about about getting from San Antonio to Boston. Heading west, you can put daily show stops in places like Lincoln, Neb., Denver, SLC/Boise, Corvalis, or Sacramento.

I get that heading west could mean more bus time and less field time for the corps, at least for 2-3 days. But what I don't get is why competing in the Pacific Time Zone is more expensive than competing in the Central Time Zone.

G....

I have watched you from afar Grasshopper....you have done well in my absence. Grabbing the pebble from my hand, you have fearlessly battled the evil tribes from the lands of Brassovakia, Corpsbandwidth and the far Reamlands......even smiting the odd troll from time to time. Now I return to do battle alongside of you, as we approach the heart of Middle West and the great hills of the Indianapolises, land of the golf clap.

Oh Goody ,as if this place isn't weird enough already lol. :help:

Oh Goody ,as if this place isn't weird enough already lol. :help:

Be careful May fly, one does not intentionally draw the ire of the Plan.

Of course, THIS Plan may consider "weird" a badge of respectable honor around here.

:tounge2:

Edited by garfield

Be careful May fly, one does not intentionally draw the ire of the Plan.

Of course, THIS Plan may consider "weird" a badge of respectable honor around here.

:tounge2:

Not only a badge honor..but a necessary survival skill. And thanks "rookie" for your comment, we'll be reviewing your meta data for anomalies. :ninja:

Edited by Plan9
  • Like 1

Why? A gallon of gas costs just as much to burn when you're pointed west as when you're pointed east.

Are the housing sites in the west more expensive? Is it the food? Do staff wages go up when in the west?

Getting from the Midwest to the West Coast is a two-day journey. The same is true about about getting from San Antonio to Boston. Heading west, you can put daily show stops in places like Lincoln, Neb., Denver, SLC/Boise, Corvalis, or Sacramento.

I get that heading west could mean more bus time and less field time for the corps, at least for 2-3 days. But what I don't get is why competing in the Pacific Time Zone is more expensive than competing in the Central Time Zone.

Gas is more expensive on the coasts, by 20% - 30%. So coming from coasts and heading inward is more expensive.

So, I guess corps should avoid tour stops on the East Coast as well.

They're getting there it seems. Used to be more shows in the East too ( and many more corps). I still believe that gas prices are more expensive in CA and the West coast in general than they are even on the East coast; point being that a tour would be more expensive out West. The tours in the Midwest and South are certainly easier on the budget.

I still think a finals out West would be a great boost to the activity every few years.