Blue Devils and scoring

if placements remain the same, Cadets in second, I could see them hitting a record mainly because they are that much better than Cadets so that the spread would top them out. If bloo jumps up there, doubt they’ll get a record score

Cadets 05 deserved a 99 on executions, the other 99s were not deserved, more a reflection of how far back 2nd place was.

Personally, I feel the scores are too high this years and most the spreads too wide but I’d still have BD in first – this show looks like a 96.5 to me max

if placements remain the same, Cadets in second, I could see them hitting a record mainly because they are that much better than Cadets so that the spread would top them out. If bloo jumps up there, doubt they’ll get a record score

Cadets 05 deserved a 99 on executions, the other 99s were not deserved, more a reflection of how far back 2nd place was.

Personally, I feel the scores are too high this years and most the spreads too wide but I’d still have BD in first – this show looks like a 96.5 to me max

Too high relative to what? Last year? No, because last years' numbers are not considered. Last week? No, because last week's scores are also not considered.

Also, what *exactly* does a "96.5 to me max" look like? Remember, captions are judged in a vacuum...everything else is just math done by a laptop.

Edited by Kamarag

Remember, captions are judged in a vacuum..

Un hun…sure they are

Amazing how the same placements coincide so closely with a similar scores each years, don’t you think?

That’s what I mean by 96.5 max

Un hun…sure they are

Amazing how the same placements coincide so closely with a similar scores each years, don’t you think?

That’s what I mean by 96.5 max

Well, you're going to have that with any scoring system that includes a ceiling. Math is hard, yo.

• Like 1

TOC scoring is stupid. Wait for Allentown.

Cappy, how so? Same judges, same system, no 'guest' judges. Only thing that is wacky might the order at the shows. BD winning by two, after going on early, is more remarkable in that I'd expect a smaller margin with that setup.

• Like 1

Cappy, how so? Same judges, same system, no 'guest' judges. Only thing that is wacky might the order at the shows. BD winning by two, after going on early, is more remarkable in that I'd expect a smaller margin with that setup.

TOC shows seem to have very abnormal scores compared to the rest of the shows in the regular season. It's a trend that you'll notice and I'm not the only one who has noticed this.

funny thing about records, not that record breakers dont deserve the title , I guess in most circumstances they do BUT I think what drives things to record numbers usually is how good the ones behind them are. Those are the ones driving the numbers upward i have found over the years.

IMO numbers are only numbers and even perfect numbers in a given caption doesnt mean perfect at all..just mean the best at a given thing.

NO NO NO!!! Crown got a perfect brass score at finals last year, and dad-gummit, that means they were absolutely perfect in every way! 100 out of 100 means what it says! 100 is perfect! And anyone who says any differently is a HATER! Hater, hater, HATER!!!

Shouldn't a perfect score mean perfection? Or as close to perfection as is possible in DCI at the moment?

Theoretically yes, realistically no