KINGSTON CONTEST

Anyone going to do any reporting from the Show?

Class A:

1. White Sabers 79.90

2. Excelsior 67.05

Open Class:

1. Caballeros 89.90

2. Fusion Core 88.10

3. Hurricanes 79.55

4. Bushwackers 77.85

5. Sunrisers 76.25

6. Windsor Regiment 72.55

Just got in from a later-than-expected evening out.

What did I miss???? :tongue:

Fran,

You missed a good show. The evening turned out to be very nice, not a drop of rain and really good attendance. We had the pleasure of being at the Caballeros practice most of the afternoon, wow, do those folks work hard. The hard work payed of though, later on that evening,the Cabs put on a show that was very entertaining, the uni change to Black/Red was classy.

I'm not a musician or a teacher, so the following statements are ONLY mine and have no technical basis, but here goes. The Caballeros were great, they have been my perennial favorites for the last 55 years, but...look in your review mirror people. You will see a purple streak that is barreling toward you and the Bucs & MB, Fusion is on fire. Again, I am not schooled in any of the performing arts, but I have been watching them progress for a while now and I'm thinking somebody turned over the correct rock and found the ingredients for a terrific show. Good luck FUSION, and thanks for the entertaining show

The low point of the evening came as soon as the bushwackers entered the field, please remember my claim, THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION and not meant to start any trouble. The first part of corps name is very fitting when it comes to their presentation. The Bushwackers show is BUSH league. I mean no disrespect to the performers on the field, BUT, these show designers have no right to preach to me without including an ON/OFF button. I (and everyone sitting around us) don't care what you think about the world problems, I spent $ 40.00 dollars tonight so my wife and I would be entertained, not educated (?).

I'm positive there are many fine marching members of the Bushwackers, the music was wonderful and the flags were very good, I'm sorry if I insulted any of you fine entertainers, but there is no place in this genre for an opening like I saw last night.

The Caballeros Alumni corps was worth price of admission alone, what can be said about this corps that you folks have not already heard. All in all, we are very fortunate to have a contest of this caliber in the Hudson Valley, and the Chidrens Home of Kingston, NY was the benefactor of the proceeds.

On a different note, we ot to meet 'granada smoothie"... Thanks for the nice welcome Rodger. I tried to support you guys at the souvie table, but the shirt I wanted was not available, but my wife bought a Caballeros hat and I'm going to check the web site for the shirt.

Sorry for the long rant, good luck to all corps on Labor Day weekend.

Rick

Edited by RickiJay
  • Like 2

It was great to meet ya last night Rick! I'm glad the weather turned out so great so you guys could enjoy your only show this summer. And yes, major kudos to the Children's Home folks. Besides the great stuff they do every day, they do a really nice job with this show every year.

Class A:

1. White Sabers 79.90

2. Excelsior 67.05

Open Class:

1. Caballeros 89.90

2. Fusion Core 88.10

3. Hurricanes 79.55

4. Bushwackers 77.85

5. Sunrisers 76.25

6. Windsor Regiment 72.55

From the DCA website

Class A: 1. White Sabers 79.90 2. Excelsior 67.05 Open Class: 1. Caballeros 89.30 2. Fusion Core 88.10 3. Hurricanes 79.55 4. Bushwackers 77.85 5. Sunrisers 76.25 6. Windsor Regiment 72.55 Recap

Thanks for the update, RickiJay!!!

I wonder if they did a recalc or corrected an error from last night...I copied and pasted those scores from the DCA site last night...

Edited by drsedlak

I wonder if they did a recalc or corrected an error from last night...I copied and pasted those scores from the DCA site last night...

Maybe it was an original misprint but 89.3 was the score announced and what was on the original recaps

Edited by Fastone