What is your favorite show of the season?

Love the show, and I'm 47. Not sure if that qualifies for the "younger" bracket. :winky:

I would love to be 47 again. I'm 52 and I love the Bluecoats show. I hope I don't end up being the oldest to reply I feel old enough already......

I would love to be 47 again. I'm 52 and I love the Bluecoats show. I hope I don't end up being the oldest to reply I feel old enough already......

I would love to be 52 again LOL. I'm 59 and I like the Blue Devils show and the Bluecoats show also. Must be a blue thing with me.

hh_vogonpoetry.jpg

"Vogon Constructor Fleets. Here is what to do if you want to get a lift from a Vogon: forget it. They are one of the most unpleasant races in the Galaxy— not actually evil, but bad-tempered, officious and callous. They wouldn't even lift a finger to save their own grandmothers from the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal without orders signed in triplicate, sent in, sent back, queried, lost, found, subjected to public inquiry, queried, lost again, and finally buried in soft peat for three months and recycled as firelighters.

"The best way to get a drink out of a Vogon is to stick your finger down his throat, and the best way to irritate him is to feed his grandmother to the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal.

"On no account allow a Vogon to read poetry at you."

"Forty-two," said Deep Thought, with infinite majesty and calm.

"The Answer to the Great Question, of Life, the Universe and Everything"

So long, and thanks for the fish!

I would love to be 52 again LOL. I'm 59 and I like the Blue Devils show and the Bluecoats show also. Must be a blue thing with me.

Well, I would love to be 59 again....60 1/2...and I too love both of the Blue corps in 2014.

• Like 1

Children everywhere, all around me under foot; or to put it in a W.C.Fields quote: "Get away from me kid, you bother me". Not really, but you "youngsters" make me laugh. I am almost 65, have followed corps since the late nineteen sixties, directed, taught, and designed shows for high school marching bands and high school competitive marching bands, and yet I am not blue (other than the Trooper blue). Where did I go astray?

• Like 1

My favorite this year is Blue Knights. Very nice show design with an emotional statement, great drill and beautiful music. It may be my ears, but they seemed to be one of if not the corps with the most volume. While I don't love volume just to make noise, when its relatively in tune, blow your face off volume is one of the things that I love about drum corps.

Blue Devils is just a great show all around. The first big hit is awesome and unlike some past years they seem to have added more movement while playing, something that makes me want to jump up and shout. Ending seems like a bit of an afterthought but it sounds so great I can overlook it.

Cadets would be my favorite if they revised the last minute or so of the show. The rest is straight up drum corps (+ narration) that reminds me of '87 while showing me how much more advanced the drill and music has gotten since then. This is not an area for complaints, but I beg Hopkins to just go back to the previous version of the ending. The stuff added is cheesy overkill hit you over the head schmaltz. The "UNDER GOD", "WE ARE AMERICANS" narration seems wrong for the rest of the show and wrong for a dynamic, forward looking, diverse America.

Love SCV show. Trombones seem unnecessary, but don't really impact how much I like the show. There is a flow and melodic development that seems missing from some other corps and that ending is just a beauty. I know the show cannot be all about the ending. But it is what you're left with, and this show leaves me with chills.

While I don't love the big picture of Crowns show (and the trampolines seem like such an obvious nothing of prop), Crown has more impressive WOW moments that any other show. Every minute or so I wanted to stand up and cheer because the movement sound combination was so impressive.

Oregon Crusaders show is fantastic. Theme is so well done. Very entertaining. This is a show where the narration is a definite big add for me.

Pacific Crest show left me with Wows as well. Judging from the past, I was expecting that I should hit the restroom, but I stayed in my seat and was not sorry for it. Their drill design and execution impressed the heck outta me. It seems complicated and difficult and drill fitting of top 5 corps. Hats off to staff for Challenging this group.