2014 World Championships Semi Finals

OK - time for the BBQ - going to start my intermission before the great prop fest of 2014

OK - I get it - you marched With the Grey Stars - sorry. Didn't mean to insult your corps.

You didn't insult my corps. They are placing higher because they have a better design package. I have had my gripes the last couple years with my alma mater and if I had one this year I would say so. A former caption head is at Madison and I love his hornlines but that doesn't excise the issues with the design package. So in my eyes you are more experienced as a troll than a thoughtful critique of drum corps.

Edited by Bannedforlife

I still think the trombone octet is far and away the best part of Madison's show.

I agree (says the old trombone player). I also like how they handle the logistical issue by carrying sabers when they re-enter the field. As the guard passes thru the line, they're passed their sabers. Nothing spectacular, just neat.

Would've been nice for the staff standing directly behind me to show a little compassion. Zero response.

From what I know of the man running that hornline, the first thing that he is going to do is check on that member once he is out of the stands. No staff wants to see a member come off the field like that, but having someone run down from the stands isn't going to help the immediate situation.

OK - I get it - you marched With the Grey Stars - sorry. Didn't mean to insult your corps.

The uniforms aren't even grey anymore... :doh:

• Like 1

I will be watching Boston a lot during off season. I see something interesting with each viewing. They have come so far with such a kick ### show.

• Like 4

DCI has its own medical staff on the field as well as the corps will have support staff down there too. From my experience DCI handles all issues during and usually shortly after shows.

Nice to see the judge help the tuba player off the field... class move.

• Like 6

The member was taken off on a cart. Limped a couple steps (with a person on each side) to the cart.

Yes, I meant he limped off the field on his own power to where he sat and waited for the cart (even carrying the tuba, until a judge ran up and took it the last few steps)