Staff merrigoround

well brasso, since you love to demand proof from others that make wild accusations, I'm going to turn the ball back to you:

Show us proof of collusion, cause guess what...lots of new judges this past summer had BD way up too. All summer long.

oh and do some research. the number of kids going from BDB to BDA isn't as high as you may think. Look, I know throwing out truth and logic bursts your bubble every time, but here's why BD stays as they do:

They retain among the best designers in the game

They make their organization a place people want to be a part of

They don't take staff thrilled to teach for the free food, they get quality educators

and I can promise you, BD's staff has more important things to worry about than making sure the judges "get taken care of".

But you keep making your wild accusations. I know, I know, when you find the real truth, you won't admit you're wrong. We know your game by now

Just to add on to staff retention: they also have staff that feel that they are truly appreciated and have bought into the creative system. They're not commanded to produce one person's vision (unlike other places I can think of).

• Like 2

well brasso, since you love to demand proof from others that make wild accusations, I'm going to turn the ball back to you:

Show us proof of collusion, cause guess what...lots of new judges this past summer had BD way up too. All summer long.

oh and do some research. the number of kids going from BDB to BDA isn't as high as you may think. Look, I know throwing out truth and logic bursts your bubble every time, but here's why BD stays as they do:

They retain among the best designers in the game

They make their organization a place people want to be a part of

They don't take staff thrilled to teach for the free food, they get quality educators

and I can promise you, BD's staff has more important things to worry about than making sure the judges "get taken care of".

But you keep making your wild accusations. I know, I know, when you find the real truth, you won't admit you're wrong. We know your game by now

Thanks Jeff - I started but realized I'd be getting into a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

Made my head hurt to read.

You essentially nailed it.

What in the world are you talking about now in what appears to me to be clear and unmistakable confrontational anger in its delivery ? I never said BDA gets a lot of marchers to fill their annual ranks from their BDB Corps. As a matter of fact, I said just the opposite. I stated above that BDA gets just a few and went on in detail to comment that they get a lot more of their Drum Corps experienced marchers externally, not internally. My comments spoke in detail to the external feeder system of much larger consequence to their BDA Corps success than their 2 Corps internal feeder system. ( from BDB, BDC ). So before you ask me again to " do some research " do me a favor and don't waste my time on your inability to read properly what I said. You just wasted your time telling me something I already know ( and stated above ) regarding the relatively few marchers in BDB that wind up in BDA. Thats your waste of time. But it was made worse for me as a loss of my time as you made me have to reply to something completely removed from what I said above. That was my mistake. I intend not to repeat it however again with you. Here's a bit of advice to you : Read the comments accurately, and reply to that, or don't waste my time again. And consider dialing back the confrontational and angry tone a notch too. It does little for you.

Brasso,

If I have to, I'll type slowly for you:

I'm

not

angry.

If

I

was

you'd

know

it.

I'm tired of you positioning yourself on here as the savior of drum corps, always making accusations of collusion and good old boy networking etc as if you have all the answers and can cure drum corps.

if you think you can, get off your butt and prove it. you've had so many holes blown into so many theories on here over the years even Stu reads the rebuttals to your posts and says "####, they got him good there!"

Tony Nunez announced as Crowns pit arranger

thats a good hire. the pit was the best percussion section the last few years, it should get better yet