Show ideas for next year's corps?

Cadets should do a show based on a maze. Crazy drill with certain sections navigating through a maze (of members, not props), and music that is crazy hard and frenetic....and a ballad that's as dark as the aftermath of an earthquake.

Music from Pan's Labyrinth? Because that would be FANTASTIC. I believe LD Bell HS has used it but thats the only usage I've ever heard, so its great for DCI. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bck3UCU0Uu8

Edit:the link wouldnt work.

Edited by MelloMatt

Cascades 2009, 7th Regiment 2010 both did it.

After listening, I'd love to hear a full 72 person hornline do it. I liked Cascades using it as an opening statement, but felt they could have done more. 7th Reg did a nice job with the arrangement and had a nice sound, but they were so small.

Music from Pan's Labyrinth? Because that would be FANTASTIC. I believe LD Bell HS has used it but thats the only usage I've ever heard, so its great for DCI. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bck3UCU0Uu8

Edit:the link wouldnt work.

I was gonna post that......haha. The "Lullaby" theme that is a reccouring element in that show and the huge impact moment 3/4 of the way through the show is so haunting and beautiful, would love a full on hornline to do that as well. I could see Oregon doing a theme and using music like that. Beautiful film score.

• Like 1

I hope they use my idea lol

Wonder if that's ever happened ( That they used someone's idea who wasn't on the design team)?

Wait, Crown? Take Tarpon ideas? Never! *sarcasm* But Jenison knocked that show out of the park. PR doing it would be good in a few years after some straight up music shows. Paranormal wouldnt translate well to DCI I dont think. Too WW heavy (but thats the show that got me into band, which got me interested in corps, so...). Part of me wouldnt mind seeing Crown doing Alice, but it wouldnt be the same. That was a rather weak Tarpon brass line, but the WW's were excellent as always, so it would be a completely different feel to the show. The Crossmen idea... Thats pretty d*** funny.

Rowland HS also did the The Insanity of an Imaginary World show in 2012. Also North High School did it in 2012. Lots groups seem to have done "The Insanity of an Imaginary World".

Rowland HS also did the The Insanity of an Imaginary World show in 2012. Also North High School did it in 2012. Lots groups seem to have done "The Insanity of an Imaginary World".

And Jeffersonville HS in Indiana. Frank Sullivan wrote it for Tarpon in '11 and started selling it for the next season.

I was gonna post that......haha. The "Lullaby" theme that is a reccouring element in that show and the huge impact moment 3/4 of the way through the show is so haunting and beautiful, would love a full on hornline to do that as well. I could see Oregon doing a theme and using music like that. Beautiful film score.

Agreed. Oregon or maybe BK would be the one to take that on (and do something similar musically, incorporating the lullaby). Ooooooh that would give me chills from start to finish.

I miss his work at Blue Stars. This past year made me feel better, but there's something about his arrangements I just love.

The Factory is one of my all time favorite shows, due to his fantastic arrangements and Kevin Ford's wonderful drill writing skills.

• Like 1