Show ideas for next year's corps?

I like your tastes.

Yours dont seem too bad either. And if I recall correctly, you love Troop '11 which makes someone okay in my book.

• Like 1

Madison- Could do my annual request of "Scarlet Pimpernel" complete with a good size galleon with a couple of small workable cannons.

If you are referring to the Frank Wildhorn musical, there is some great music in that show that would work on the field.

If you are referring to the Frank Wildhorn musical, there is some great music in that show that would work on the field.

Yes I am. http://www.thepimpernel.com/

Open with the overture complete with four concert horns playing towards the far side. Madame Guillotine, ballad of either Prayer or When I Look At You, and closer of Into The Fire with the largest prop ever used in DCI; a Galleon with crows nest and two masts. But, most brass staffs would chop the musical into eight pieces.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1

I would like to see Crown tackle the Moody Blues' "Knights in White Satin"...

White Sabers worked a bit of this song into their Scheherazade show this year (which earned the highest score ever in DCA Class A).

So, was really thinking about this one in kind of an "anti DCI" frame of mind (which would probably win the fans over but result in not placing in the top 12) that aside, here's the show:

The Way We Were

1st # The Way We Were - Maynard Ferguson

2nd# Don't Let the Sun go Down on Me - Maynard Ferguson

3rd# The Wonder of You (Reprise) - Elvis Presley (including Vocals)

Now, they would have to recruit some unreal Renegades-type trumpet soloists to do this but, I would love to see the Regiment do this as a "Bite me" sort of show.

Speaking of which, did you see Opus 7, the Renegades mini corps, at DCA this year?

Beats the hell outta me...

I wouldn't think that it would necessarily be a secret with George; he did afterall solicit show ideas from people a couple of years back, and then do a Christmas show after getting all their ideas...

So, I'd think it wouldn't be afraid to give credit where it is due. Eh, just curious really and I didn't expect anyone to actually know ( besides George)

• Like 1