Anyone else feel bad for the Cadet's members?

I mean, when they MEDALLED and got 3rd, everyone was so busy screaming BLOOO that the Cadets literally got zero recognition throughout the entire awards ceremony from the crowd. Am I the only one who kinda feels for them?

EDIT:

"Cadets got bronze what a travesty they must be humiliated!" - NOT THE POINT OF THE THREAD

Cadets not getting a lick of applause at finals - POINT OF THE THREAD

Edited by JamesKPolk

Happens all the time. When the runner up is announced, everyone starts cheering because they know who won Miss America :wink:

But yeah, I see your point. They performed their butts off and deserve recognition. Hopefully they got enough of that after their actual performances.

Edited by CLD

It was a slap in the face of the Cadets ossified design team, not the kids. Still, I deeply feel for the kids. They deserve MUCH more creativity and innovation from their design staff.

Oh good grief. It was an extremely well designed show that you just didn't like. The kids won a bronze medal. I'd say their staff and design team did just fine. They just didn't do as well as BD and Coats. Last time I checked, they are allowed to drum corps too.

• Like 4

I mean, it's pretty much the same as what happened in 2008 when BD was announced in 2nd by the slimmest of possible margins in the scoring system.

And last year to a bit ;lesser extent.

Edited by geluf
  • Like 1

Oh good grief. It was an extremely well designed show that you just didn't like. The kids won a bronze medal. I'd say their staff and design team did just fine. They just didn't do as well as BD and Coats. Last time I checked, they are allowed to drum corps too.

for sure. How many would have killed to even be close to that position..I also dont think they made much of the reaction. When a corps does something right like the BC does not mean the Cadets did something wrong.

• Like 2

It actually reminds me of 1992. Star did a beautiful patriotic show. 1st on Thursday ( and all season), 2nd on Friday, 3rd on Saturday. The crowd went crazy when the announcement was made, and it was clear that it was not necessarily who beat them but that they moved down. Pretty rotten really. As I look back, it was such a lovely show.

• Like 1

I mean, when they MEDALLED and got 3rd, everyone was so busy screaming BLOOO that the Cadets literally got zero recognition throughout the entire awards ceremony from the crowd. Am I the only one who kinda feels for them?

Nope. Every single one of those members knew what the Cadets are all about. If the audience sees fit to celebrate a corps that can beat them and they don't like it, perhaps they will think twice next time. (though if history shows anything with BD, probably not)

• Like 1

Cadets will be fine. As others have said the members performed great, won medals and cared-for great all summer

I'm sure the 3rd place reaction wasn't as much of a surprise for the members as we think - they know Coats were hot on their heels and that the Coats show was an extreme crowd favorite

I agree the "falling" GE scores were more an indictment of the design decision than the members performances - hopefully the powers that be will sit back, exhale and make some better decisions for 2015. Not that "3rd" is "bad" - but that I think we all recognize the design held the kids back in the end

Anyway - they'll be fine. A good life lesson for all involved

Congratulations Cadets on a great season,

George.

• Like 5