James Mason Retires as Madison Artistic Director

LIke i said in the madison thread For the most part i enjoyed his shows but it lacked the madison Flair. I welcome the change in hopes of a return to the Big bad men of madison Not indiana.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Mason earned his retirement. he made them Madison again. Maybe I didn't love this year as much as 2010,2011 and 2013, but they weren't a hot dog corps anymore

• Like 5

Mason earned his retirement. he made them Madison again. Maybe I didn't love this year as much as 2010,2011 and 2013, but they weren't a hot dog corps anymore

2010 - 2014, was the most "Madison" they've been since the late 90s/early 2000s. He was part of resurrecting them as a fan favorite. He did a great job, hope whoever takes over takes them even further. A strong Madison is nothing but good for the activity.

• Like 4

LIke i said in the madison thread For the most part i enjoyed his shows but it lacked the madison Flair. I welcome the change in hopes of a return to the Big bad men of madison Not indiana.

Does Mason leaving Scouts mean the end of the Bloomington, Indiana experience?

Amen to those who are commending Mr. Mason for his excellent work. I believe he made them look like Madison again, and I'm sure Scott Stewart would be proud. Yes, this year's production just missed the mark, but boy did their brass and drums play a great and spirited show on Finals night. It's not easy to lead and design for a corps like Madison when you have so many "baby throwing" shows in your past history.

• Like 1

I said this in the Madison thread when this subject came up. It probably should be here instead.

Madison just needs to decide who they want to be not 1 foot in the past and 1 in the present. I think in the past few years Mason and the Madison staff tried hard to please to many. Madison Be who YOU want to be. If that means full force into the future , so be it. If it means back steppin. You decide.

I guess who makes these decisions next will have to answer those questions for THEMSLEVES

Best of Luck Madison Scouts

• Like 1

A complete return to the Madison of old (80s and 90s) would take them out of the top 12. The activity has changed in so many ways and Mr. Mason did a fantastic job of combining old and new. I thought their productions were well designed for the talent level. Power alone will no longer contend for a title much less top 5.

• Like 7

A complete return to the Madison of old (80s and 90s) would take them out of the top 12. The activity has changed in so many ways and Mr. Mason did a fantastic job of combining old and new. I thought their productions were well designed for the talent level. Power alone will no longer contend for a title much less top 5.

agree

1 foot in 1 foot out doesnt work either, although It was a huge accomplishment from a few years back. I think trying to be everything to everybody never works

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1