MADISON SCOUTS 2015

You're right on the blah blah blah, I heard some say that blue stars have added lots of more layers and changes to their show and once they clean it, they should blow by Madison by Atlanta.

Any comments about Madison from the Cedarburg show last night?

They were fantastic! I took three newbies to the show and they loved Madison.

I had my doubts about them but last night was a turning point for me. There were tons of changes with the "gotta dance" character that eliminated so many cringe worthy moments. They sounded wonderful. I really don't care where they end up SATURDAY night. This is an incredibly entertaining show.

• Like 1

That's great to hear Brian Tuma!!! I can't wait to see them in Atlanta!!!

You're right on the blah blah blah, I heard some say that blue stars have added lots of more layers and changes to their show and once they clean it, they should blow by Madison by Atlanta.

Yea-those same folks probably don't believe Madison will do the same, as will all others.

Oh well, the guys are fun, working hard and moving I the right direction regardless of placement.

Yea-those same folks probably don't believe Madison will do the same, as will all others.

Oh well, the guys are fun, working hard and moving I the right direction regardless of placement.

There is a mellophone player for the scouts that goes to my church. And I convinced him to coming to the scouts last year from Crown.

Woah, woah, woah, woah, woah. If you're referring to my comments on last nights thread, you're misreading and just shoving words in my mouth. Considering I'm the only one who mentioned changes to their show and Atlanta, I'm assuming you're referring to me. Some clarifications:

Blue Stars and Madison both scoring a little lower than I expected them to, hope they can get some traction.

Notice the word both. That means, I hope BOTH can get some traction.

Visual Analysis helping out Colts quite a bit again tonight, not surprised at all.

GE numbers are interesting. Could change in a day, but tonight judges basically said Madison is the cleanest, show weakest out of the 3 (ACCORDING TO THE NUMBERS, though not by much at all). Blue Stars with the strongest show, and not as clean. Colts in the middle above Madison in content.

Just reading the numbers. Also said that could change in a day, was just analyzing the recap, it's there if you wanna go read it.

Blue Stars guard has started to move up a little in recent shows, which doesn't surprise me at all.

Colts have made some huge jumps in recent days, partly attributed to two partial panels that have shown us a BIG strength for them is their visual program, however it wouldn't surprise me to see them knocking on the door of the top 10 this year with the staff they have, I said two years ago when they picked up this staff they'd be in finals within 3 or so years. It's about that time.

Madison vs. Blue Stars is continuing to be fun to watch, they'll probably trade back and forth most of the season. After Atlanta is when we'll see who's stronger, or they'll remain close we'll see. Colts are proving they're gonna be a force to be reckoned with for finals.

Did I say that anyone was blowing past anyone? Nope, I sure didn't. I said we'll see who is stronger, didn't mention anyone in particular. I said they might even remain close.

And here's the only comments regarding Blue Stars putting in changes:

Well Blue Stars put in a ton of changes in their 3 days off, section after the juggler, ballad, and end of the show all have some visual and some musical changes. Lots of cleaning to do! But they're good changes none the less.

I watched an hour of intense rehearsal and a run through Saturday afternoon. There's so much more cleaning to do. The rehearsal was very focused and I got the impression the members know they have their work cut out for them. Man, that opener comes off as so subtle yet is masking some very intricate brass playing. This show has legs.

Any comments about anyone blowing past anyone? Nope. Any even MENTION of Madison? Nope. Did I say that no one else is going to put in changes to their show? Nope.

Am I a Blue Stars fan first? Yes. Am I one of those that kinda baits Madison fans when the scores flip? NO. I really enjoy both shows this year, which I think I have made evident through MULTIPLE postings on here. But you can't just assume every time the two go ahead that there's gonna be those kinds of comments. If I say they're going to blow by (which I have not), I'm gonna have my reasons and not just throw out a quick jab about it. Would be nice on Sunday if we can not have the "OH MADISON WENT UP IN SCORE IT'S A CONSPIRACY" or the "Well, Blue Stars are gonna blow past Madison" comments. Watching both shows, they're about at an equal performance level right now, a really high one. If you wanna continue that, fine, first amendment, happy July 4th, but you're not gonna put words in my mouth.

Go Madison, a good Madison Scouts is only good for the drum corps community. Fans have made that evident the past 5 years.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

Tesmusic just revels in the passive aggressive posts. Comments likely more directed at people like myself.