What I want to see BD do?

Since they're doing movie related shows, or they're open to doing movie related music and older cinema, I want to hear BD's take on the music from "Plan 9 From Outer Space".

The guard could be remote controlled "Vampira" space zombies...

tumblr_mkwin24Mdn1qf1p10o5_250.jpgvampira.jpg

Check out some the music. It's perfect for them!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5DZhDH8eew

They could mix it up with Danny Elfman's score from ED WOOD

• Like 1

They could mix it up with Danny Elfman's score from ED WOOD

That would work, especially since Ed Wood wrote Plan 9, right Plan 9?

Said in Johnny Depps screen voice: "Get me Transvestites, I need transvestites... "

All kidding aside, the music could work... I expect that Blue Devils is done with movie stuff for a while; one could argue that they've been doing some movie stuff in their shows since the Godfather shows, SO maybe my suggestion ISN'T that far fetched....

...or they could just do a "Hitman" show and be done with it. ( David Foster music)...

That would work, especially since Ed Wood wrote Plan 9, right Plan 9?

Said in Johnny Depps screen voice: "Get me Transvestites, I need transvestites... "

All kidding aside, the music could work... I expect that Blue Devils is done with movie stuff for a while; one could argue that they've been doing some movie stuff in their shows since the Godfather shows, SO maybe my suggestion ISN'T that far fetched....

...or they could just do a "Hitman" show and be done with it. ( David Foster music)...

Yes, Ed Wood was the writer of Plan 9....though one could argue that it was more like riffing. When he got Bela to work with him, he'd write him into scenes just to use him....proving awkward, out of place and wonderfully outrageous! Wood took "bad" to a new level, transcending pretention and making "camp" a new art form. I agree that BD will give movies a rest.....or.....maybe like Ed Wood, they'll do the deliciously out of place.........jump the shark, camp it up and let DCP sort it out. :tic:

Yes, Ed Wood was the writer of Plan 9....though one could argue that it was more like riffing. When he got Bela to work with him, he'd write him into scenes just to use him....proving awkward, out of place and wonderfully outrageous! Wood took "bad" to a new level, transcending pretention and making "camp" a new art form. I agree that BD will give movies a rest.....or.....maybe like Ed Wood, they'll do the deliciously out of place.........jump the shark, camp it up and let DCP sort it out. :tic:

Well, if BD ever feels the need to "go out there".... Ed Wood would be a good source for inspiration. I personally like the way he rolled artistically; he didn't really fit into one mold. That's certainly something the modern Blue Devils can understand. Much like the Blue Devils, I may not have enjoyed all of Wood's work, but what BD and Woods put out there is similarly brave and out of the box. Certainly worthy of respect.

Now, I may not think Wood's films are good, but the music in those films has some good stuff. Certainly comparable to some of Fellini's work,

• Like 1

They don't need any help doing off the wall, bizarro world shows. They're doing a bang up job of it themselves....don't encourage them!

• 4 weeks later...