Where does the Regiment go from here?

Since 2011 the Phantom Regiment has relatively performed the same show year after year. With staff changes in the Visual, Guard and Front Ensemble, is it possible for the Regiment to return to form? The corps is coming of what the staff and members would call a successful year. Now with the summer of Swan Lake over, where do you think they will go? Will they return to their overwhelming Bad ### style of the 2000's, or will they chose a new path.

Please leave your comments below!

Been a fan since 1973 ,love everything they do ,so i'd say just keep being Phantom .

• Like 2

Since 2011 the Phantom Regiment has relatively performed the same show year after year.

I think you & I have very different ideas of "the same show," even relatively. What sort of change in programmatic direction are you suggesting they need to return to the "overwhelmingly bada### style of the 2000's?"

If you're talking placements, they will go up. Or down. Or possibly even stay the same.

Edited by troon8

While I do see similarities between 2011 and 2013, and could put 2014 in the similar category, I do believe that 2012's "Turandot" was not related to these shows thematically or musically. For one thing, PR stuck with Puccini's music throughout the show where as with 2014 it followed the story line of "Swan Lake" but the music was not entirely Tchaikovsky.

PR tends to go up and down. They've plunged as low as tenth and have won titles. They may be the best at finding their way in DCI. I think PR does best when it stick strictly to the classical repertoire, ranging from the1800's to contemporary orchestral music. and has guards that both manipulate equipment and do dance moves. They also do best when their classical arrangements are as close to the composer's intentions as possible. If they do this they'll find something fresh and they'll do it well.

Brahms Academic Festival Overture.

Start to finish, with no breaks.

And WHAT A FINISH!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1E6FBi-AJw

I've long thought this would be perfect for drum corps and believe I suggested it, and no one could do it quite like PR.

• Like 2

I've long thought this would be perfect for drum corps and believe I suggested it, and no one could do it quite like PR.

If drum corps wants french horns, then let's give them french horns, by God!

Think of the guard work that could be done in the first 4 minutes of this piece!