Cadets 2015

Well the guard is going to stand out a lot more than they do now. Now if they get squeaky clean this will help otherwise it will show all the flaws and impact their scores

Edited by DCI-86

But then judges will remember they hate new things, causing them to lower that raised score. Should even out, really.

IT ALL BALANCES OUT! THAT'S THE KEY!!!! :wow::felloff:

• Like 1

I've been lurking this topic for a while, and amused at all the speculation. I might as well throw in my guess (preference). Black on black on black. Black pants, Black jacket, Black sash, shako and plume. It provides the cleanest palette to make colors pop.

• Like 1

I've been lurking this topic for a while, and amused at all the speculation. I might as well throw in my guess (preference). Black on black on black. Black pants, Black jacket, Black sash, shako and plume. It provides the cleanest palette to make colors pop.

One thing that the Mandarins (yes, the Mandarins!) did so well this year in their costuming is that both musicians and guard have a dark uniform with a bright red drop sash that ties the visual forms together - makes it look like 135 marchers out there instead of 90 music plus 40 guard. Seeing them live in San Antonio, it made them look huge on the field. (I know, I know, carrying 64 extra human sized cutouts didn't hurt too... Smart-alecks...)

Cadets, if they do indeed go with the neon cummerbund, will have a similar effect as that bright yellow will stand out like a beacon on each person on the field - even more so if they go with neon plumes to match the guards tops. If, after seeing that, people still think the "guard doesn't enhance the drill," I'm not sure what else you can do to convince them.

Mike

I always want Vanguard to win, and if not them then Crown. I will say, in my opinion, Cadets have the most demand on the field hands down. They still have a legit shot to take this thing. It's been so fun watching this season, and it's going to be a nail-biter.

• Like 1

One thing that the Mandarins (yes, the Mandarins!) did so well this year in their costuming is that both musicians and guard have a dark uniform with a bright red drop sash that ties the visual forms together - makes it look like 135 marchers out there instead of 90 music plus 40 guard. Seeing them live in San Antonio, it made them look huge on the field. (I know, I know, carrying 64 extra human sized cutouts didn't hurt too... Smart-alecks...)

Cadets, if they do indeed go with the neon cummerbund, will have a similar effect as that bright yellow will stand out like a beacon on each person on the field - even more so if they go with neon plumes to match the guards tops. If, after seeing that, people still think the "guard doesn't enhance the drill," I'm not sure what else you can do to convince them.

Mike

I've always thought dark uniforms look so clean for GE. Don't get me wrong, I have a special place in my heart from the traditional maroon and cream, but I'm excited about this new element they are introducing for the ride to the end. I can't wait to see the final result.

• Like 2

19906181910_55198eb86d_c.jpg

I actually REALLY like this. I would love black pants and jackets, it would match the music so well for this show.

• Like 2

I actually REALLY like this. I would love black pants and jackets, it would match the music so well for this show.

The color vision here doesn't bother me. The pin job makes me twitch, though.

• Like 1

I always want Vanguard to win, and if not them then Crown. I will say, in my opinion, Cadets have the most demand on the field hands down. They still have a legit shot to take this thing. It's been so fun watching this season, and it's going to be a nail-biter.

I agree. Hardest show overall I can think of in recent times. I'd say Crown is right behind them (they're straight up DANCING while playing at times) then SCV with that amazing drill. this is solidly my favorite Cadets show this decade.

• Like 3