Troopers 2015: "Wild Horses"

I didn't think the show was very Troopery. Kinda Crowny. Not western at all. I'm confused. It's about horses right? You're wearing cowboy hats right? I hope it grows on me.

I didn't think the show was very Troopery. Kinda Crowny. Not western at all. I'm confused. It's about horses right? You're wearing cowboy hats right? I hope it grows on me.

The fact that it wasn't the usual bland Troopers Americana production was absolutely the best thing about it. It's a great blend of the classic corps identity and modern, musical drum corps.

• Like 1

The fact that it wasn't the usual bland Troopers Americana production was absolutely the best thing about it. It's a great blend of the classic corps identity and modern, musical drum corps.

Exactly. Why be like everybody else? Especially when it's been done before. And better.

Edited by bearwy

Exactly. Why be like everybody else? Especially when it's been done before. An better.

Well, Tim is a DVD protégé, so that's probably where you're getting the Crown impression. I have no doubt they'll have it screaming "Troop" in short order, though. (I wasn't able to watch tonight, so take my speculation for what it's worth. Which is not much.)

The pre show and the first few seconds of the show did seem to have a 2007 Carolina Crown Triple Crown horsie vibe to it. But then that changed pretty quickly into a Troopers show quite apart from what Crown did. My initial impression of Troop tonite was most positive. Horn line sounded much better to me for June than recent horn lines from the Troopers in June.

• Like 5

The pre show and the first few seconds of the show did seem to have a 2007 Carolina Crown Triple Crown horsie vibe to it. But then that changed pretty quickly into a Troopers show quite apart from what Crown did. My initial impression of Troop tonite was most positive. Horn line sounded much better to me for June than recent horn lines from the Troopers in June.

I have to admit,even I was a little worried when heard those first few chords, because it did sound like a crown rehash. But, I agree that it changed VERY quickly,and I loved it! This is a Troopers show at heart, and they are owning it.

There is nothing wrong with 'bland Americana'. Millions sacrificed their lives for 'bland Americana'.

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
  • Like 1