Troopers 2015: "Wild Horses"

The assumption being that this isn't being posted from a sleeping bag in an air conditioned classroom (staff sleeping area) right now?

I certainly hope not. Because otherwise your corps director would be thrilled to hear about how respectful you've been of other corps.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

9th and 10th place overall three nights in a row! Holding on to those 75 points even when people said they wouldn't! Way to go Troopers!

Yeah, go ahead and proceed to burst my hype bubble...but it looks like things are going very well for Troop as they prepare to head towards San Antonio.

Edited by TroopAlum12
  • Like 2

9th and 10th place overall three nights in a row! Holding on to those 75 points even when people said they wouldn't! Way to go Troopers!

Yeah, go ahead and proceed to burst my hype bubble...but it looks like things are going very well for Troop as they prepare to head towards San Antonio.

The score in Denver puts them close to Phantom. I don't buy it for one second. They are more like a 72 point corps from the Minnesota Regional. Now their numbers may not drop because others can just bump up. This corps is a close to finals corps, not a single digit placement finals corps.

The score in Denver puts them close to Phantom. I don't buy it for one second. They are more like a 72 point corps from the Minnesota Regional. Now their numbers may not drop because others can just bump up. This corps is a close to finals corps, not a single digit placement finals corps.

And in your expert opinion what makes you think they could not be a 9 - 10 place corps??

And in your expert opinion what makes you think they could not be a 9 - 10 place corps??

Because they are the Troopers, and they don't have the legacy of being a 9 - 10 place corps. Everyone knows that historical prior year placements make up 25% of scoring in today's system just to keep corps in their proper place..../s

• Like 1

Because they are the Troopers, and they don't have the legacy of being a 9 - 10 place corps. Everyone knows that historical prior year placements make up 25% of scoring in today's system just to keep corps in their proper place..../s

Just like Star of Indiana and Carolina Crown...

Drum Corps nation is quite happy you are not a judge.

Edited by Turnadot
  • Like 1

Just like Star of Indiana and Carolina Crown...

Drum Corps nation is quite happy you are not a judge.

Please allow me to clarify my post for you. Perhaps you missed the "/s" at the end of my post which indicates sarcasm, if it wasn't obvious enough. My point is that prior year placements determine performance order which makes it more difficult for corps to move up due to slotting by judges. And when a corps does start moving up fans of the corps they start beating express shock and disbelief that a historically lower placing corps beat their corps. I'm a big fan of Troopers and believe they are definitely in the mix for top 12, which is where they should be.

• Like 2

It's become obvious this season that the Troopers refuse to be ignored by those around them. They've come to play, and they're playing hard. DCP has given them a lot of "oh, well, that score was a fluke. They'll go back down at such-and-such show against such-and-such corps." So far, they've been consistently proving those people wrong.

Now, I'm not a complete homer. I know that you can only rank corps at different shows so much, and that the true proving ground will be at San Antonio. But, I really do believe that the Troopers are looking to shake up some things in the top 12 this year.

So get your haterade ready, people. The Troopers are coming :)

• Like 1

It's become obvious this season that the Troopers refuse to be ignored by those around them. They've come to play, and they're playing hard. DCP has given them a lot of "oh, well, that score was a fluke. They'll go back down at such-and-such show against such-and-such corps." So far, they've been consistently proving those people wrong.

Now, I'm not a complete homer. I know that you can only rank corps at different shows so much, and that the true proving ground will be at San Antonio. But, I really do believe that the Troopers are looking to shake up some things in the top 12 this year.

So get your haterade ready, people. The Troopers are coming :)

You said, "go ahead and burst my bubble" so I obliged.

Also I think they are 13th that's how I feel they place right now. Plus they haven't proved anyone wrong yet because people have said they won't beat the likes of Boston, Madison, and Blue Stars. Which in San Antonio we will know for sure.

My only validation for believing what I'm believing is I 100% don't believe Spirit of Atlanta is less than a point behind Crossmen.