Troopers 2015: "Wild Horses"

From Troops Facebook page

"The Troopers are proud to announce that, after negotiations with DCI and the management at Lucas Oil stadium, our 2015 production "Wild Horses" will feature real, live horses! Our design staff could not be more excited to boldly go into such uncharted territory. Along with learning marching and musicianship, members will also have the opportunity to learn the equestrian arts as well! Join us this summer to witness drum corps history being made as the Troopers take their performance to the next level...on horseback!"

I reeally hope this isn't an April fools joke.

• Like 1

And you thought the live doves went badly for the next corps on the field...

Sounds like Drum Corps has progressed from "Elk's Parade" to "Small Town Fireman's Parade"...complete with the equine "drop cookie" accuetrements.

It's those spurs on the back of their drum major's boots that have me worried.

If one thinks the current ruckus in Indy is upsetting now, wait until PETA rushes in to defend their beloved animals.

Despite spurs being the favorites in San Antonio, at the home of the colts it is going to be one blood bath!!!

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

It's those spurs on the back of their drum major's boots that have me worried.

If one thinks the current ruckus in Indy is upsetting now, wait until PETA rushes in to defend their beloved animals.

Despite spurs being the favorites in San Antonio, at the home of the colts it is going to be one blood bath!!!

Serves me right for scanning messages so quickly. On first reading, my eyes somehow omitted the word "boots"...and my brain said "WHOA!!! Forget PETA...We've got the whole 'family values' thing to worry about!!"

Edited by HornTeacher

I've wanted to hear a drum corps perform the Grand March from "Aida" with live elephants, dancing prisoners, a victorious Ancient Egyptian army and horse drawn chariots, just like the Met used to do, so wild horses in "Wild Horses" would be s great start, however, since elephants in live shows are getting rarer and rarer (even Ringling Brothers/Barnum and Bailey is phasing them out), t's not going to happen, and wild horses for the Troopers won't either, but it would be a great gimmick.