Question On Boston's show

cage

How does Boston feel on the G7 and TOC? Sometimes people post things on here that make it sound like they want to be part of that group, and at others it sounds like they don't want anything to do with them.

My guess (or sense) is that Boston like many others who opine on DCP, would not want a G7 in any form. Others should not be more equal than another. However, that being said, no one on this forum would know for certain how Boston feels. That would be conjecture on their part to speak on Boston's behalf.

My guess (or sense) is that Boston like many others who opine on DCP, would not want a G7 in any form. Others should not be more equal than another. However, that being said, no one on this forum would know for certain how Boston feels. That would be conjecture on their part to speak on Boston's behalf.

I'm guessing the corps is against the G7 concept since they (I believe) have voted against this possibility. But, then again they have marched in a TOC show and turned down TOC shows.

Thanks for an title bit of light on the subject. I'd say that's probably accurate seeing from their show this year and their previous actions in the past.

One thing that bothered me and still bothers me a little is (and this was suggested by someone else this summer) that the members who marched this show may not have even known what the show was actually about. I find that very hard to believe, but I can also see how that would be possible.

Well, it was obvious from one of Blue Devils' promotional videos that some of their members had only general notions about at least some aspects of their Fellini show (which I liked very much). Similarly I spoke this fall with several parents and students of a high school marching band (coincidentally also named the Blue Devils) whose entire show this year (which I was also quite fond of) consisted of variations on "My Funny Valentine", and not one of them could name the Broadway musical that song was from. They're not scholarly researchers or even Method actors, and they don't need to know all the background details to perform the show well.

• Like 1

Well, it was obvious from one of Blue Devils' promotional videos that some of their members had only general notions about at least some aspects of their Fellini show (which I liked very much). Similarly I spoke this fall with several parents and students of a high school marching band (coincidentally also named the Blue Devils) whose entire show this year (which I was also quite fond of) consisted of variations on "My Funny Valentine", and not one of them could name the Broadway musical that song was from. They're not scholarly researchers or even Method actors, and they don't need to know all the background details to perform the show well.

I respectfully disagree with you but that's only because of my experience in HS band