The "Music Corps Should Do" thread

Ballet for Orchestra / Ballet for Band by Cindy Mctee

Oooh, good one. I should've put that one on my list. I thought about adding Soundings by McTee, but the Cavies already (sort of) did it. But, I wanted this to be mostly music that had never or rarely been done before, so good one.

• Like 1

For a patriotic show, I'd say Variations on America by Ives.

But I think Yosemite Autumn by Mark Camphouse would be a great corps piece.

Even more John Mackey please. I would love to hear D@mn which is a great piece written for solo clarinet and percussion, and also Under the Rug. I just love the guys work. I'm excited to see so much of it becoming played and can only hope it continues.

I LOVE his piece Strange Humors. Great opportunity for some percussion solo stuff and great writing all around!

I would also love to see someone do the finale to Philip Sparke's Hymn of the Highlands, Dundonnell. Just amazing all the way around. I think Cadets could pull this off amazingly, as long as there's no narration interrupting it and ruining it.

i've wanted to do this topic for awhile but never really got around to it. thanks lance!

anyway, i've always wanted to hear phantom regiment do "hotel california." can you imagine what that would sound like with phantom's deeper, darker brass sound??

That would be Awesome but, I think that Crown would actually, in this case, pull it off better. (just a thought)

Einstein on the Beach-Philip Glass (any Glass, really)

Krzysztof Penderecki

Steve Reich

Fire, Water, Paper: A Vietnam Oratorio-Eliot Goldenthal (I know Colts played it in 1999, but that wasn't enough.)

Einstein on the Beach-Philip Glass (any Glass, really)

Krzysztof Penderecki

Steve Reich

Fire, Water, Paper: A Vietnam Oratorio-Eliot Goldenthal (I know Colts played it in 1999, but that wasn't enough.)

MMMMmmm...Reich.....

I've tried to convince one of my high schools to do Desert Music for 3 years now. And I'm never gonna win that fight. But man would I love to hear a drum corps work with it. So many movements of tasty stuff to choose from.