Just got in from watching Bloo rehearse in Little Rock. They added on a new ending today, and at their request, I wont describe it other than to say the orbs are finally being used for the thing that seemed most obvious to me when the season started.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a small finals-week change added. As it was tonight (on the first day, mind you), it seemed a little flat. I'm excited to see how it shapes up. Between Bloo, Vanguard and Crown, the fight for third is the one I'm most interested in.

• Like 1

Can I ask, :babies: , or :thumbup: , or :thumbs-up: , or :mellow: , or heaven forbid :thumbdown: ?

In relation to previous ending.

Tonight it was :thumbdown:, tomorrow it'll be :mellow:. Thursday's show will have it at :thumbs-up:, and by San Antonio it's :thumbup: . Finals week? :babies:

Can I ask, :babies: , or :thumbup: , or :thumbs-up: , or :mellow: , or heaven forbid :thumbdown: ?

In relation to previous ending.

I'd say it's a :thumbs-up: given that they learned it today and the corps was obviously very tired. I'll expect it to be up to :thumbup: by this weekend.

I have the same reaction to it as I did the Cadets' new ending - I really liked it but I got the feeling that the design team was still holding something back.

• Like 2

Being an alumni, I can tell you what the new ending looks like. Please keep this on the down low.

Remember last year in Little Rock, where they did the slip n' slide? Well, this year they bring back the orange slide and play "DCI Bowling" with the orbs. They use the cabling around the field to magnetize the orbs ("blue balls") so they hit the "pins", which are of course the contras, which they are now replacing with new ones each show. :worthy: /s

Edited by superOOk
  • Like 3

Looks like Aaron Beck, Bluecoats sound design consultant known for his work in Cirque du Soleil, was working with the corps today, so we might see a change or two tomorrow in Denton!

I'd say it's a :thumbs-up: given that they learned it today and the corps was obviously very tired. I'll expect it to be up to :thumbup: by this weekend.

I have the same reaction to it as I did the Cadets' new ending - I really liked it but I got the feeling that the design team was still holding something back.

Was this a closed rehearsal that you attended?