Let me ask, what was behind your selection of background color for your photo? Why did you wear that? Why is there light coming from behind you? Was this an accidental photo? Of course not. You chose or agreed to those elements, you desperate silly goose. They were intentional. You like them so much you use it as your avatar. Musical expression is intentional, just like your silly severe photo. Musical performance is intentional. Show design is intentional, so much so that people are paid to do it. Musical selection is intentional. Shows are carefully built around themes with purpose in design. (Especially music played by 150 people with budgets in the millions and requiring intense logistics and planning.) Your "no meaning or artistic intent" meme lacks a sense of the purpose of art and life.

Ummmm I apologize for butting in, but Elmo's avatar is from Superman 2's that came out in the 80s before you were born ( if you're 17) and is of General Zod.... It looks like you know that...

550289.jpg

If you want to see a severe photo check out the actor, Terrence Stamp, who played Bernadette ( RALPH)...

priscilla1_web.jpg

Priscilla-BernadetteAliceSprings2L.png

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 1

Channel3 is my new favorite poster. So entertaining.

• Like 1

New ending coming, announced today. :)

Edited by superOOk
  • Like 2

So with the TOC shows coming up next week before San Antonio, let us remember last year:

Tour of Champions - 7/13/14

Blue Devils - 84.6

The Cadets - 86.6

Carolina Crown - 85.9

Bluecoats - 84.1

The Cavaliers - 83.45

Warrensburg Missour - 7/14/14i:

Blue Devils - 88.9

The Cadets - 87.9

Carolina Crown - 86.85

Santa Clara Vanguard - 86.6

Bluecoats - 85.4

The Cavaliers - 84.55

I vividly remember that suddenly the Bluecoats were doomed for 5th - 6th place, that visually they just would not be able to do enough, and that they had peaked early. There was no way they would finish higher than 4th place, and the world was ending.

And then San Antonio happened. TOC shows get weird, I'm gonna take those with a HUGE grain of salt. Who knows, they might end up winning one, or they might end up in 6th. Ya never know. Just a friendly reminder to relax.........it'll be fine. I know I almost had a heart attack last year.

• Like 1

TOC shows definitely had weird judging last year. The results from those shows didn't match the results in any of the other competitions AT ALL.

Techno music always induces a state of imagination when you listen to it -- a kind of music limbo where your mind is free to wander.

Surely that depends on who "you" are.

Lol. Nice try. I need absolutely nothing of what you just mentioned to enjoy this show as much as I do now. Whatever floats your boat I guess............this show needs NOTHING of the narrative nature.

Well, I think you misread him (and the aggressive pose he strikes certainly will lead people to do so): it appears he would not object to "Kinetic Noise" having no narrative, but the closing focus on that "character" implies to some viewers that there is a narrative. On that point, I agree--I had much the same thought watching the show at the cinema and in Akron--although I think it's not as important as he does.

Well, I think you misread him (and the aggressive pose he strikes certainly will lead people to do so): it appears he would not object to "Kinetic Noise" having no narrative, but the closing focus on that "character" implies to some viewers that there is a narrative. On that point, I agree--I had much the same thought watching the show at the cinema and in Akron--although I think it's not as important as he does.

I took that as it's noisy, she's covering up her ears. Nothing more, nothing less.

• Like 1

Can't wait to see them live in Denver. Haven't been this excited to see a corps live since Crown went to Denver in '13

• Like 1