SOA '15

In all actuality the staff could be announced right now...they are 99% complete...just waiting on contracts. Verbals are in place.

Play time is over folks! Nothing on a go forward basis will resemble anything that use to be. That is a promise you can bank on!!

JKT90

i will believe it when i see it. Thats the same thing that was said after the camps last winter and what happened?

Why not announce who is under contract and add names as they're finalized?

It's not that hard to make these announcements and update a website.

Random comments about what they have in the works don't fill most with confidence.

So 2015 staff that hasn't heard anything about their status should start sending out resumes? I guess I'm taking about Visual and Guard staff as all the others have "resigned". Big loss for Spirit with Will Pitts moving to Phantom. Also if JW was such a great director (and I believe he was), why wasn't he rehired??

So 2015 staff that hasn't heard anything about their status should start sending out resumes? I guess I'm taking about Visual and Guard staff as all the others have "resigned". Big loss for Spirit with Will Pitts moving to Phantom. Also if JW was such a great director (and I believe he was), why wasn't he rehired??

That's absurd if they haven't reached out to 2015 staff, regardless of their status.

As JW, he's great, but sounds like they needed a scapegoat so they could change things yet again.

Also if JW was such a great director (and I believe he was), why wasn't he rehired??

The former board chairperson is the one who fired JW at the end of the season. That person is no longer involved with the corps, and from what I've been told, the new board chairman asked JW if he was interested in returning as director. He was not.

The former board chairperson is the one who fired JW at the end of the season. That person is no longer involved with the corps, and from what I've been told, the new board chairman asked JW if he was interested in returning as director. He was not.

No, JW definitely was interested in returning. He told the members as such. The BOD is interested in finding slightly more local staff (JW is from California, as is a lot of the visual staff who are not returning).

No, JW definitely was interested in returning. He told the members as such. The BOD is interested in finding slightly more local staff (JW is from California, as is a lot of the visual staff who are not returning

If that was the case, I'd say the board did the fiscally responsible thing in picking a director and assistant director who are local, and looking for staffers from the talented local pool of instructors. The costs of flying staff in and out of all of the camps, all-days, etc., adds up very fast.

• Like 2

If I were in charge I'd obviously be privy to the whys and how comes. I do know the BoD is taking s very professional and business like approach to the situation and making decisions which are fiscally responsible.