SOA '15

That's probably the most angsty first post I've seen from a DCP member ever. Congrats?

They were responding to an observation they thought wasn't valid. Could have used a little tact, but it's not like they opened an entire thread about it.

Just wait until some rookie's parent posts about scores ...

Edited by ShutUpAndPlayYerGuitar
  • Like 1

If you want to credit "who brought it to the field first", maybe Racine Scouts (1955) would be a better place to start...

Yay Racine!

The little bit I've heard of Tara's Theme is not your standard arrangement. And that's not to say a more traditional arrangement isn't part of the show -- I just haven't heard it during the few camps I attended.

We'll know for sure at the Preview Show.

Did any mention how BK and Bones almost have the same theme this year? They're even playin the same song in their 2015 shows.

Did any mention how BK and Bones almost have the same theme this year? They're even playin the same song in their 2015 shows.

Wrong thread, and I haven't seen a theme or announcement from BK. Also, it's not uncommon for corps to have overlap in source material. Bluecoats and Oregon Crusaders last year, Hymn of Acxiom, very different treatments. It happens.

Just mentioned it cause people were making a big deal about BAC and Spirit shows being similar a few pages back. I don't really care. But since Bk and Bones may possibly be in the same tear this year thought it was worth mentioning.

Edited by xbones7480
  • Like 1

Just mentioned it cause people were making a big deal about BAC and Spirit shows being similar a few pages back. I don't really care. But since Bk and Bones may possibly be in the same tear this year thought it was worth mentioning.

Ahh, I see. And definitely, considering what piece it is, wouldn't mind hearing two different treatments of it.

Also, it's not uncommon for corps to have overlap in source material.

The most extreme case that comes to mind was Chuck Mangione's Children of Sanchez, in 1979.

According to corpsreps.com, it was played by Blue Stars, North Star, Sky Ryders, Cadets and Cavaliers – all in 1979.

• Like 2

can not wait to hear/see this show!! I am going to Finals this year!! Hopefully Spirit and Crossmen will share the field for Finals again like in 2012!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Field Pass interview with Spirit Director at Spring Training:

http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=d99993f2-f150-4d71-a8c1-285da25ad692