SOA '15

I agree. I have a feeling that this 2015 SOA show will be nothing like Boston's show from 2 years ago. The music listed has no connection... none. So people should just chill. Nobody has heard a single note, nor seen a single bit of drill, for heavens sake.

I am sure there will be many similarities. For SOA drill will be performed by the members putting one foot after the other. There will be notes played on brass, & drums will be het. The guard will spin flags.

Yup.this show is just a rehash of all that have gone before.

:sarcasm:

• Like 2

I love the poster for the show! It's one of my favorite pieces of show artwork in a while.

The way the sprouting plants form the Spirit logo is just so well done!

Edited by Lincoln
  • Like 1

Nice music, really like Grantham's music, will be nice to hear "Southern Harmony" on the field.

Agreed. My band put southern harmony on the field last marching season and I love the way the more joyous movements sound. I hope they use the first movement (although I don't know how that would work without woodwinds) because that one can just be so warm and uniquely southern.

Agreed. My band put southern harmony on the field last marching season and I love the way the more joyous movements sound. I hope they use the first movement (although I don't know how that would work without woodwinds) because that one can just be so warm and uniquely southern.

If you're in the band I'm thinking of, quite enjoyed that show. Actually the first thing that came to mind when I saw that Spirit was using it.

Edited by DrumManTx

If you're in the band I'm thinking of, quite enjoyed that show. Actually the first thing that came to mind when I saw that Spirit was using it.

Thanks! If you're thinking of Westlake then that's us. Pretty sure we were the only ones who played it.

Tara's Theme was a great warm-up used by Jim Prime and Donnie Van Doren when they taught the Cadets back in the early 80's. And look what that started!!

Best of luck Spirit. Have a great season.

Sometimes it feels like you tend make all things about Cadets.

Should be a great show. Looking forward to SoA bringing Lara's Theme back to the field. 1990 was certainly a memorable one. Can't wait for the 2015 rendition.

• Like 1

Sometimes it feels like you tend make all things about Cadets.

Should be a great show. Looking forward to SoA bringing Lara's Theme back to the field. 1990 was certainly a memorable one. Can't wait for the 2015 rendition.

Make that everytime :-/

I have no problem giving credit to people/corps when there's a clear line from the past to the current day. But being used as a warmup certainly appears to have had NO impact on the choice by SOA this summer.

If you want to credit "who brought it to the field first", maybe Racine Scouts (1955) would be a better place to start...

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 3