SOA '15

Looks like two tubas sitting on the front sideline with their horns. Guessing that they were late arrivals that haven't yet learned the drill.

Pic of arc on Instagram shows 12 tubas. Still graduations going on in Ga and Bama.

So Will Pitts as an arranger. It's been 7 years since 2008.....that's not okay. Was checking out his site to get an idea of who he has written for, God he has a long list of really good high school clients. Now I realize that doesn't mean it'll necessarily transfer over to DCI, but looking at what he's written in previous years at that level, he's up there in terms of quality. Hebron high schools 2012 - 2014 shows are some of the most technical, beautiful, best shows in recent years. 2013s "World of Wonder" is insanely beautiful. William Mason's 2011 - 2013 shows were his.

This one might interest you, Harrison's 2013 "Gone with the Wind" show was his as well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD2R8IF-Dng

Now I'm not automatically assuming anything, but I'm pretty excited to see his debut at the World Class drum corps level, he's certainly proven himself as a great arranger.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

Word from the Preview show was the Opener was presented with drill and the rest of the show was music only.

Today's schedule -- A lot of Corps love making the daily schedule a little less boring.

Channeling the 80's.

SOA-Schedule-20150607.jpg

• Like 3

So Will Pitts as an arranger. It's been 7 years since 2008.....that's not okay. Was checking out his site to get an idea of who he has written for, God he has a long list of really good high school clients. Now I realize that doesn't mean it'll necessarily transfer over to DCI, but looking at what he's written in previous years at that level, he's up there in terms of quality. Hebron high schools 2012 - 2014 shows are some of the most technical, beautiful, best shows in recent years. 2013s "World of Wonder" is insanely beautiful. William Mason's 2011 - 2013 shows were his.

This one might interest you, Harrison's 2013 "Gone with the Wind" show was his as well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD2R8IF-Dng

Now I'm not automatically assuming anything, but I'm pretty excited to see his debut at the World Class drum corps level, he's certainly proven himself as a great arranger.

I'm thinking that Will Pitts could be what Spirit needs. This is his first major drum corps gig as an arranger, but as you mention he does have good musical credentials and he knows the activity. Also, his seven years away is from marching, which makes him a kid in comparison with other arrangers but his last night in drum corps was as drum major for PR and "Spartacus" which gives him pedigree. I think this could be the beginning of his becoming a major force in drum corps other than in a public relations capacity.