SOA '15

I personally do not believe that 1 show without guard uniforms has them any further back than had they performed with uniforms. It's 1 show. Whatever challenges they go through this year, and every corps will have their own, it won't be because of a transportation issue causing them to miss a show, or performing their first show without a guard uniform.

I'm sure if Star had their corps uniforms for the first few weeks of the 1993 season, they would have won a world championship. Darn slotting. It is refreshing to know that the 1993 season was decided in mid June...sometimes you can't make up what you read on DCP.

Z

Spirit will be fine...even if they waited a week to wear the guard unis.

It's really unfortunate for the members that they didn't have the guard uniforms by the time of the first show. Unfortunately, slotting is real and now they can only grow so much score wise from show to show. That first score really hurt and it's going to be an uphill battle now.

Once you get past the June hump...

Slotting. Is. An. Illusion.

Maybe referring to Guard Uniforms but that really isn't anything to make a big announcement. After all, if your the last one to show up with guard uniforms, there really isn't anything to brag about. I would rather guess that they have added in the pre-show.

I heard they are adding to...so, probably pre-show. I know some drill they are planning on changing...I think during the drum solo section...?

• Like 1

Preparation is what builds success. Sometimes things are seen that are symptoms of a lack of preparation.

This is what I was getting at. I understand that one show doesn't matter. Thank you, TwoValves.

If you want to talk about not having guard uniforms hurting them for 1 show, I respectfully disagree, however, if you are talking about a larger issue, perhaps the Board maybe, and the bigger picture as to why they didn't have the uniforms, or missed their first show, and that's what hurts them, then I can see the point there...And I am in no way referring to their instructional staff, JW their director, or any of the techs or volunteers who are getting them down the road and working with them on a daily basis...But I also don't thinking getting into the details of THAT, in a public forum such as this is the place to do it...Let's just say, there are some challenges that exist which are self-inflicted...Right now, all the Alumni are concerned with is the MM's having a positive experience. AND, to end on a positive, they have been given a show they can work with, and they won't max this out anytime soon (meaning the demand and content is there)...I don't know what could have been done with last years "dumpster fire" of a show. So, in that regard...they just (and they will), need to work on cleaning and performing the crap out of this thing. As I mentioned before, this is a very accessible show, one even the non music types can appreciate...and in the end, ultimately it is all about the members having a great tour/experience, add on that, a show they can work with, and the makings of a very nice tour are in place...

Bottom line - Good show. Needs cleaning, some drill needs to be changed (and it will) and I think most people will enjoy the show!

Edited by JKT90

If you want to talk about not having guard uniforms hurting them for 1 show, I respectfully disagree, however, if you are talking about a larger issue, perhaps the Board maybe, and the bigger picture as to why they didn't have the uniforms, or missed their first show, and that's what hurts them, then I can see the point there...And I am in no way referring to their instructional staff, JW their director, or any of the techs or volunteers who are getting them down the road and working with them on a daily basis...But I also don't thinking getting into the details of THAT, in a public forum such as this is the place to do it...Let's just say, there are some challenges that exist which are self-inflicted...Right now, all the Alumni are concerned with is the MM's having a positive experience. AND, to end on a positive, they have been given a show they can work with, and they won't max this out anytime soon (meaning the demand and content is there)...I don't know what could have been done with last years "dumpster fire" of a show. So, in that regard...they just (and they will), need to work on cleaning and performing the crap out of this thing. As I mentioned before, this is a very accessible show, one even the non music types can appreciate...and in the end, ultimately it is all about the members having a great tour/experience, add on that, a show they can work with, and the makings of a very nice tour are in place...

Bottom line - Good show. Needs cleaning, some drill needs to be changed (and it will) and I think most people will enjoy the show!

Granted last year's show wasn't that good. But, the members absolutely cherished that year despite the negative reaction of some fans and judges.

Granted last year's show wasn't that good. But, the members absolutely cherished that year despite the negative reaction of some fans and judges.

Did they? All I keeping hearing is about the very very small retention SOA had this year as well as how much members resented last season.