Who will make the biggest jump this season?

I know this will be unpopular but I think Bluecoats drop. I also think Blue Knights drop. Same reason: I don't think either corps' GE will be what it was last year.

That seems fairly logical, with Bluecoats achieving their highest placement ever, and Blue Knights earned their highest placement since 2006. For Bluecoats especially, their only move is to win DCI (which, believe me, I would LOVE), or maybe stay at 2nd. And if Blue Stars guard continues to make strides, that will only help their visual score would could make them a threat to advance up the ranks. Blue Knights, similar to Bluecoats, both had amazing shows last year, and both corps haven't proven yet that they can design back-to-back amazing shows. Bluecoats followed up their previous best placement with a 7th place finish. Blue Knights slid a little bit last time they placed as high as 8th, placing 9th the next year, and then 11th the next two seasons. Your prediction might be unpopular, but history might be on your side

• Like 1

All Blue corps drop in 2015. That's right. I said it!

Except Blue Saints.

Blasphemy. BD must win (I think it's in the judging manual) and I loved BK last year and see them moving up maybe a slot.

Blasphemy. BD must win (I think it's in the judging manual) and I loved BK last year and see them moving up maybe a slot.

I enjoyed Blue Knights last year as well, but I'm not sure they be back in 8th. I think they'll slip a little.

As for the BD must win in the judging manual. It's on page 47, of appendix B in chapter 9.

• Like 1

I know this will be unpopular but I think Bluecoats drop.

It's not a bad thought but keep in mind they had around 1000 kids audition for them this year. They're going to have a lot of talent on the field and they've got the same staff so I wouldn't count them out. I can't wait to hear/see their show this year but even I doubt it'll be as awesome as "Tilt". For Bloo to get first though the Blue Devils have to stumble and they're a machine and aren't likely to stumble so...

I tend to agree that those that placed below where they usually end up have the best chance of moving up; there will be a break out corps but generally momentum from one year carries only if unrewarded from the previous years and follow up with as good or better a show ….and if a corps hit their best showing in years, rarely to they go up, more likely they hold that place

Colts seem to be the most likely to get a bump from last year if they clean up their design this year

but maybe the new judges and newer sheets bust things up?

It’s a dog and pony show

It's not a bad thought but keep in mind they had around 1000 kids audition for them this year. They're going to have a lot of talent on the field and they've got the same staff so I wouldn't count them out. I can't wait to hear/see their show this year but even I doubt it'll be as awesome as "Tilt". For Bloo to get first though the Blue Devils have to stumble and they're a machine and aren't likely to stumble so...

Audition numbers are nice but you pick 150 kids and then you DESIGN a show. THATS where it gets tricky.

I see Troopers moving on to Saturday night...

I think Spirit has problems though. Not that they aren't good... far from it. The problem they have is that there used to be a time when you had corps with distinct groupings ...1-3, 4-6, 7-10, 11-14, 15-17, and the rest. Now its more like 1-5, 6-10, 11-15, 16-22. The level of competition from the "bottom" corps have come up to meet the group that traditionally was vying for finals. I think Spirit falling into that rut last year could actually cause them problems trying to break out of that group.

Only other big change I see is a corps moving only one spot...

Bluecoats win.

• Like 1

I enjoyed Blue Knights last year as well, but I'm not sure they be back in 8th. I think they'll slip a little.

As for the BD must win in the judging manual. It's on page 47, of appendix B in chapter 9.

This doesn't help for those of us who had our appendices removed in our adolescence. (Sorry...been reading far too much George Carlin lately...)

Edited by HornTeacher