Other instrumentation for 2015?

Or they could just use bell front marching french horns. :ninja:

Do these cost 7K a piece which is what Frachel quoted Hopkins saying and other webinarites have confirmed?

Given the Cadets link with Yamaha, I suspect that they will be using excellent concert instruments.

Please, God, no.

Better than a concert one, a least visually.

I was rather pleased and surprised that BD didn't use any traditionally non-corps brass last year....usually they're the fiurst one to jump on a rule change.

Better than a concert one, a least visually.

I was rather pleased and surprised that BD didn't use any traditionally non-corps brass last year....usually they're the fiurst one to jump on a rule change.

Yeah -- I could see the Guard doing a trombone feature instead of tambourine.

No, not really.

Edited by CrownBariDad

Please, God, no.

I have a King 3v bell front marching french horn. It actually plays quite well and has excellent projection. It is nothing like the scrap metal I played on when I marched.

So why would you say so emphatically no? Personal experience with modern equipment? Or bad memories?

The King horns had wonderful reps when they were marched for DCI.

However, straight front french horns from other mfgrs. don't always have the same rep.

I don't think there is any DCI corps who marches all King horns in Bb days today, is there?

The King horns had wonderful reps when they were marched for DCI.

However, straight front french horns from other mfgrs. don't always have the same rep.

I don't think there is any DCI corps who marches all King horns in Bb days today, is there?

BD

I have a King 3v bell front marching french horn. It actually plays quite well and has excellent projection. It is nothing like the scrap metal I played on when I marched.

So why would you say so emphatically no? Personal experience with modern equipment? Or bad memories?

In general I'm just not a fan of Bb mellos. Had to play one in high school, and was surprised when we used them in my college band, as well. I do know a lot of people who like them...it's just a preference thing I guess.

no matter what is used, I'm sure the world will end as we know it

(sarcasm off)