Highlight of finals night

97 scouts...they hit the big company front after the pirate fight. crowd stands up and goes crazy. drum major pulls out the pirate flag, they go more crazy.

THEN he whips out that camera and the place just hits critical volume.
that show just brought the frenzy out of people.

99 scouts, in Madison, was pretty nuts too. but 97 was berserk.

• Like 1

Though I thought Crown's 2013 semi performance was stronger than finals performance (only by a hair)' their finals performance was still electrifying and had that certain "it" quality that made it an amazing finals, but for me it was an encore performance I will never forget, in Foxboro, MA, pre Gillette days, in 1994. On that hot, murky night, ecstatic fans who had already enjoyed a great show were treated to 27th's "Once More in 94," perhaps my favorite drum corps moment ever.

Edited by Tim K
  • Like 4

I'll remember Regiment's 08 finals performance and then score announcement forever. For recent years, BD's record score last year, and "that something special" about the Angels & Demons ending at finals 11. This thread is about finals night, otherwise I'd mention Crown lurching ahead of BD at semis 2013. Going back a little further, Regiment's 03 finals performance was really electric and was a "comeback" year for them in all white.

Negatively, certain loud audience members at the Rose Bowl 07 really tanked my experience there (people who take things just a little too seriously and too far).

Taking a slightly different tack...

Future finals night..."Old-Skool" ending...One of the "super" brass lines (Carolina, maybe?)...company front, stretched goal line to goal line at extreme backfield...slowly advancing to stands with:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yaxVYNGaUU

(music begins about 0:27)

My inner ear even imagines the song-appropriate ruffles and flourishes trading between the mellophones and inner trumpets throughout....

This would render all that have come before this as secondary in my book. At that point, I could safely die and go wherever I'm assigned to go.

Edited by HornTeacher
  • Like 1

End of Garfield's '83 opener, "Rocky Point Holiday." To that date, no corps outside California or Wisconsin had ever taken the title, and The Orange Bowl crowd sensed blood in the water. As the last note of the opener hit the stands, the stands responded with the raw chant: "East! East! East!"

Electrifying.

• Like 3

End of Garfield's '83 opener, "Rocky Point Holiday." To that date, no corps outside California or Wisconsin had ever taken the title, and The Orange Bowl crowd sensed blood in the water. As the last note of the opener hit the stands, the stands responded with the raw chant: "East! East! East!"

Electrifying.

Totally with you, 2much. I was totally enthralled with both the choice of "Rocky Point," and the visual design program during it's usage. It's always been a DCI high point for me...and I'm not even a particular Cadets fan.

1990. I was fortunate enough to be there live (an unexpected joy for me that year). For those who weren't there, but have seen Star's Belshazzar's on DVD or Youtube...the recording doesn't do it anywhere near the justice it deserves. Even from the Upper Deck, there was a flash and sparkle visually, and a resounding sound that isn't to be believed. I sat stupefied...nothing else that evening even remotely comes close.

• Like 3