Shows about sports?

One well done show not yet mentioned was performed in WGI World Class by Blackwatch Color Guard of Southern NJ about five or more seasons back.

Not only did the guard costume in sports uniforms of all sorts but spun the equipment appropriate to that sport; hockey sticks, tennis racquets, baseball bats, and lacrosse sticks among others. Fun, creative show that was easily accessible.

Edited by xandandl

All Age side but Vigilanties did a baseball show (Pastime) that got them into Class A Finals their first year at DCA. And you didn't have to be a die hard corps person to like the show. Saw them at Prelims and my wife loved it that she could see them again at Finals.

Too bad they only came back once more if I'm reading corpsreps right.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Time to show my age.

The Bridgemen played football on Legion Field in Birmingham, AL at the end of their show in 1979 or 1980.

Yes, I know it was after the show. Still one of my favorite moments in Drum Corps History.

Edited by Old Corps Guy
  • Like 1

Many high schools in the DC area have done sports theme shows over the years. Most recently, Briar Woods HS in Virginia did a show this past year based on Boxing (Heavy Rocky theme here).

I also remember Oakton High School in Virginia doing a baseball themed show a few years back that included all of the marching members wearing baseball uniforms and the guard using baseball bats instead of rifles.

Edited by Old Corps Guy

Time to show my age.

The Bridgemen played football on Legion Field in Birmingham, AL at the end of their show in 1979 or 1980.

Yes, I know it was after the show. Still one of my favorite moments in Drum Corps History.

If I remember this performance correctly, they were certainly swooning the Alabama-Auburn rivalry.

Someone needs to do a World Cup show. There’s so many things you can do with it:

- Most/every member has their own soccer ball. Use that to create a static form (like the Phantom 93 helmet thing).

- Play music representing certain countries and their style of play (individual flair of South American teams, slow-build strategy of European teams.

- Tons of emotional moments, just like the other great sports shows like Crown 07, Blue Stars 08, Bluecoats 08 (Tough training, Agony of Defeat, Thrill of Victory, etc)

- Get the audience to do some orgnanized chants

- If the group is big enough, and with an insane budget, maybe there can be some Tifos ...

1157632527.gif

Edited by ShutUpAndPlayYerGuitar

Someone needs to do a World Cup show. There’s so many things you can do with it:

- Most/every member has their own soccer ball. Use that to create a static form (like the Phantom 93 helmet thing).

- Play music representing certain countries and their style of play (individual flair of South American teams, slow-build strategy of European teams.

- Tons of emotional moments, just like the other great sports shows like Crown 07, Blue Stars 08, Bluecoats 08 (Tough training, Agony of Defeat, Thrill of Victory, etc)

- Get the audience to do some orgnanized chants

- If the group is big enough, and with an insane budget, maybe there can be some Tifos ...

1157632527.gif

Not Drum corps but the University of Connecticut did a world cup halftime for one game.