Color Guard 2015

I just wish that there was a place for that kind of guard work today

There is I think BUT just in part. There is so much more criteria today and the activity has demanded way more than what we used to do in way of presenting a program. For me when i see those glimpses of a flag block , a rifle slap etc etc , today it makes it more exciting because it isn't the norm anymore . so a strategic placement of work like you are talking about, I think can come off well and be successful.

• Like 1

There is I think BUT just in part. There is so much more criteria today and the activity has demanded way more than what we used to do in way of presenting a program. For me when i see those glimpses of a flag block , a rifle slap etc etc , today it makes it more exciting because it isn't the norm anymore . so a strategic placement of work like you are talking about, I think can come off well and be successful.

Kind of like the opening flag feature the Cadets had last year. It was clean, pleasing and well appreciated.
  • Like 1

I think Lauryn Heller had a big hand in that writing.

Really? Never heard of her,,,thought Greg wrote the work

She is a age-out from Cadets guard '13 who was a CG tech with the corps for 2014, offered some very constructive suggestions during Spring training, was given more responsibility and chaired the direction of the Cadets (training) Winter Guard this past season.http://yea.org/programs/cadets/cadets/staff

No strong corps in any caption has only one talented person/designer for that caption lest an injury, death or other circumstance handicap the corps/section. Zingali had several of the current known names as his techs back in the the day and were often heard "discussing" design points with the likes of them such as Sylvester, May, Sacktig, and Vanderkopff for instance. Percussion caption in most corps works similarly publicly. Brass, maybe not as publicly, BD probably the most public of them all brass wise that suggestions come from several notables.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

I saw glimpses of the past in drum corps guards in recent years while watching FN. Troopers paid a tribute (captain in white uniform), SCV's rifle line was very cool (parallel catches), Phantom did a 'Rockford File' like Anaheim Kingsmen too. I noticed. Thanks for the nod and respect. A few years ago a winter guard did a haunting show of old school and new school. I'll try to find the high school guard name in my notes. In 2015 Paramount winter guard started at the left side line (audience view) and ended at right side line like drum corps did in the 1960's and early 1970's. Go guard! They get it :smile:

• Like 2