Blue Devils 2015 - "Ink"

The "ending" from the Hattiesburg show looked like another placeholder that included a few more drill sets. Even so, the Devils had a rough visual run in that show all around.

I doubt this is a championship vehicle for them, but their musical performance will be something I listen to a lot in the future.

The "ending" from the Hattiesburg show looked like another placeholder that included a few more drill sets. Even so, the Devils had a rough visual run in that show all around.

I doubt this is a championship vehicle for them, but their musical performance will be something I listen to a lot in the future.

I'm skeptical they can overtake Cadets, but if they don't it won't be because of show design. They're not executing as well as they have in the past. It's a minimal dropoff, but it's what is keeping them from being in front.

I'm skeptical they can overtake Cadets, but if they don't it won't be because of show design. They're not executing as well as they have in the past. It's a minimal dropoff, but it's what is keeping them from being in front.

Semi-related, what is the vet vs. rookie ration this year?

The next three nights is make or break for BD. It's time to make a move now! Hattiesburg was a dirty run. Very rough visually. The good news is as bad as they was visually they still beat Bluecoats by nearly a point. They gotta clean this show up and get it together. Cadets are playing and marching outta their freaking minds, and Coats, SCV, and Crown have their foot on the gas pedal. I believe Scojo will water down the percussion book to clean it up. Come on BD. Time is now!!!!

I guess that dovetails with my "rough visual run" comment. I think it's a bigger drop in design than you do, but it's certain that the things the Devils have been doing extremely well for some time aren't being done quite as well this season.

I really love this show musically. I'm more of a music guy, so it's all good for me either way.

Edit: when I mean "not being done quite as well", I do mean design as well as performance. A bunch of square rolling "books" with writing on them that can't be seen from very far away is a design flaw - just in my opinion.

Edited by cajal

Semi-related, what is the vet vs. rookie ration this year?

I seem to recall this was a younger group than last year, but don't quote me. Flammaster might have some insight on that one.

I guess that dovetails with my "rough visual run" comment. I think it's a bigger drop in design than you do, but it's certain that the things the Devils have been doing extremely well for some time aren't being done quite as well this season.

I really love this show musically. I'm more of a music guy, so it's all good for me either way.

Edit: when I mean "not being done quite as well", I do mean design as well as performance. A bunch of square rolling "books" with writing on them that can't be seen from very far away is a design flaw - just in my opinion.

Would be nice if the "books" were more readable. I saw the online a few times before I realized there was actually writing on them.

I seem to recall this was a younger group than last year, but don't quote me. Flammaster might have some insight on that one.

It seems like a younger group - but I don't have the #s to back it up. They are obviously still crazy talented and experienced

I think what's tipped it a bit is Cadets are SO vet-laden this year, they can teach a ton of stuff quickly and make rapid changes. It's a huge advantage.

I agree with the above comments tonight (and this weekend) is key for BD. They get back in first or hold very tight to Cadets - or Cadets may start running away with it

I personally doubt Cadets will run away with it - but they had an extremely impressive performance last night so we'll see. I just don't completely believe it just yet

BD is just so good and so consistent. The staff so experienced.

• Like 1

I think that the fact that the BD staff didn't have everything figured out in January is surprising to most, and that's a testament to them. That doesn't preclude such an experienced staff from making corrections, does it?

I hope they win tonight, that's just the homer in me.