article on Sahlen Stadium

Thanks Fran ,Jeff kinda left them out .To bad Long Island doesn't have a decent soccer Staduim ,It has the ocean Beaches ,Great Outlet Shopping Centers ,Riverhead ,Deer Park and one other .Plus all the wine country.A great Water Park .and many other attractions .Hundreds of hotels and motels ,lots of open fields .

Edited by Florida Sun

And Sunrisers.

And Sky

And Sunrisers.

#### I knew I forgot someone! Sorry Sun, wasn't intentional!

And Sunrisers.

And Sky

and them too! #### sorry Sky!

and them too! #### sorry Sky!

Anyone else???? :lol:

Anyone else???? :lol:

Archie, Reilly, Ballantine Brewers, Jersey Joes, Westshore, Hanover, Keystoners, chieftains...

see what I get for playing on DCP at work?

• Like 1

but you need a destination to entice them to want to travel.

You have White Sabers down the road...that's it with Cru, Brigs and Empire gone, plus grennies.

now look 5 or so hours east: Cabs, Fusion, Bush, Hurcs, Bucs, C2, Windsor.........that's the region people should be diving into mining for opportunities

Point taken, but in a way, you are agreeing with my point as well. The Eastern PA/North Jersey area would be a good choice mostly because that is where most of the DCA members live. This means more of their families, friends and alumni would likely attend. I'm not so sure the destination is the highest priority. When I have gone to Prelims and Finals, I was either at the show, in the lot, or at the after party at the hotel. The one recent exception has been the Dinosaur BBQ in Rochester, but that is not going to make or break my decision to go. It's a drum corps weekend for drum corps people. I don't need to go to Six Flags or Niagra Falls in between Prelims and Finals.

Point taken, but in a way, you are agreeing with my point as well. The Eastern PA/North Jersey area would be a good choice mostly because that is where most of the DCA members live. This means more of their families, friends and alumni would likely attend. I'm not so sure the destination is the highest priority. When I have gone to Prelims and Finals, I was either at the show, in the lot, or at the after party at the hotel. The one recent exception has been the Dinosaur BBQ in Rochester, but that is not going to make or break my decision to go. It's a drum corps weekend for drum corps people. I don't need to go to Six Flags or Niagra Falls in between Prelims and Finals.

Yep, destination is one thing but now that it's a full weekend DCA at the very least needs a location with the hotels and resturants in a safe area since fans will be staying a while. Long gone are the times when you could just look for a place to crash out for one or two nights because Prelims and Finals were the same day. And suffer thru a fast food breakfast and stadium food rest of the day. Or for me at Allentown drive to Prelims and be home for supper....

It seems there are two schools of thought on this subject, if you will.

One is the "we're there for the drum corps events and don't care about sightseeing, shopping, etc." school.

The second is the "it would be nice for the championship event to be in an area where we can also do some non-drum corps things... sightseeing, shopping, etc." school.

I'm with that second school of thought. Just my opinion.

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 2

Jeff in listing others you can add Brigdemen,Brookyn United .Park City Pride ,Cabs ,Sky .Saint Rita;s ,Rigdemen .Romeno's Westchester Brassmen Ct alumni ,Seldon Cadets ,Melrose Black Hawks,Golden Eagles and i'm sure in missed some others ,But hell yea the TRi - State area's sure has a lot

Edited by Florida Sun