Celebrate Israel Parade

Of course, any hijacked thread would not be complete without mentioning Sandy Becker and Soupy Sales. :tongue:

... or Sonny Fox and Wonderama!

:-)

And later, Bob McAllister... who was a local show host in Baltimore before he got the "Wonderama" gig.

From Wikipedia:

The musical theme of McAllister's Wonderama was an orchestral arrangement of the song "I Ain't Down Yet" from Meredith Wilson's Broadway musical "The Unsinkable Molly Brown."

Edited by Fran Haring

The musical theme of McAllister's Wonderama was an orchestral arrangement of the song "I Ain't Down Yet" from Meredith Wilson's Broadway musical "The Unsinkable Molly Brown."

If I'm not mistaken, Molly Brown was also Sonny Fox's theme ... I remember because it was the Yankee Rebels OTL in 61-2 or 3

• Like 1

And later, Bob McAllister... who was a local show host in Baltimore before he got the "Wonderama" gig.

From Wikipedia:

Something about local TV in Baltimore...... used to be a Weather Lady on WJZ (IIRC) with a unique first name.... then she left for some talk show gig in Chicago that kind of took off...

Oprah something or other....

• Like 1

If I'm not mistaken, Molly Brown was also Sonny Fox's theme ... I remember because it was the Yankee Rebels OTL in 61-2 or 3

Andy, I think you're right... I'm pretty sure that was the theme of the show regardless of who hosted.

One of those songs that once it pops into your head, you have a tough time getting it out. LOL.

In Baltimore it was Captain Chesapeake on the back of his boat. He and Romper Room built Sinclair Broadcasting into the big Corporation it is today

Edited by totaleefree

From Wikipedia:

I also loved the old Shari Lewis TV show, even when I was too young to realize how pretty she was! Lamb Chop, Hush Puppy, Charlie Horse...plus, she was an excellent orchestral conductor.

Lambchop5.jpg

• Like 2

One thing I could not figure out back then... why the Romper Room lady never called my name when she looked in the Magic Mirror. :tongue:

• Like 1

How about Jack Barry's WINKY DINK SHOW????

"winky-dink and you" was the pioneer in interactive programming. The core of the program was children sent away for a kit. The kit had a plastic screen that stuck to the TV tube with static electricity. Crayons were used to draw on the screen. When a character needed special help, children would be asked to draw on the screen, give assistance and free the character from trouble. If a character needed to cross a river with no bridge, the viewer would draw a line so a crossing could be made and escape trouble. Jack Barry, the host, emphasized inviting a friend over to watch the program; sharing in the drawing of assistance was also important. Everyone watched and helped winky-dinky in his adventures and had fun.

HOO HAA!!!!

"winky-dink and you"

...Winky dink, and me...always having so much fun together. :tounge2:

I always watched Andy's Gang with Andy Devine..."Plunk your magic twanger, Froggy".

"winky-dink and you" was the pioneer in interactive programming. The core of the program was children sent away for a kit. The kit had a plastic screen that stuck to the TV tube with static electricity. Crayons were used to draw on the screen. When a character needed special help, children would be asked to draw on the screen, give assistance and free the character from trouble. If a character needed to cross a river with no bridge, the viewer would draw a line so a crossing could be made and escape trouble. Jack Barry, the host, emphasized inviting a friend over to watch the program; sharing in the drawing of assistance was also important. Everyone watched and helped winky-dinky in his adventures and had fun.

HOO HAA!!!!

OMG... we had a guy in our junior corps, early 1970s, whom we nicknamed "Winky Dink" because he looked like that character!!! LOL