Fan Network 2015

I think people might be more inclined to help DCI if DCI were being a whole lot more helpful in keeping people up to date. Had DCI sent some sort of message to FN subscribers back in December-January when a bunch of old videos were removed, and then followed up monthly with updates--even updates that said, "We still don't know, we're still working on it, and we'll tell you more as soon as we know"--there would be a lot less outrage now.

Like you, I have some hope that things will be straightened out eventually, but the biggest source for that hope comes from Bob's message to flammaster, which Bob had no way of knowing would be posted to DCP. From that email, it's clear that DCI was about to send out what they thought would be a definitive message. Then a complication arose, and they sent nothing. A classic case of letting the perfect defeat the good, I'd say, and probably a pattern that's been going on for six months. Saying "I don't know" is better than saying nothing.

I, like many here, know that "Bob" is Bob Jacobs, the director of Surf and (if I'm not mistaken) the marketing director of DCI. (I can pretty-much guarantee that he knows whatever he says anywhere will eventually make it to DCP.) I don't know exactly where his responsibilities end in that position, but I'm certain that the guy at the top is finally responsible for everything his staff does, and doesn't, do.

In this case, crap really does roll up hill. Start there.

Another thing that will most likely happen Monday evening will be (in an effort to see that this is all about and test the capabilities of this new "toy") the system will be overloaded and a true gauge of the delivery system may not be possible or there will be over reaction as the different bugs hopefully get worked out.

I think they are aware of this possibility and will adjust for it. But I'm pretty sure that the percentage of Monday night's viewers who are DCP members will be extraordinarily high.

And I think that they probably know that as well.

Another thing that will most likely happen Monday evening will be (in an effort to see that this is all about and test the capabilities of this new "toy") the system will be overloaded and a true gauge of the delivery system may not be possible or there will be over reaction as the different bugs hopefully get worked out.

I don't believe that Monday night's viewer totals will even put a small scratch in NeuLion's streaming capability. They provide the streaming for the NFL, so DCI won't even be a drop in the bucket in terms of viewer numbers. If there are issues, it will be for some other reason(s).

Edited by Kamarag

Didn't know they existed until this year and then found out you have to ask to have access to them.

Uh...that's new. I've always had access, and have never asked. I'm not sure I've even visited the off-topic forums since DCP moved to the current platform.

Edited by Kamarag

I think they are aware of this possibility and will adjust for it. But I'm pretty sure that the percentage of Monday night's viewers who are DCP members will be extraordinarily high.

And I think that they probably know that as well.

DCI has been aware of many other possibilities regarding this whole issues for quite some time. I guess I am of the opinion right now that their adjustability scale needs to be.... well.... adjusted.

Uh...that's new. I've always had access, and have never asked. I'm not sure I've even visited the off-topic forums since DCP moved to the current platform.

I've been on here since June of '03 and have never had access.