Fan Network 2015

Just signed up!

YES, 2015 'at-home' DCI sounds like a real bummer, compared to last year. These are radical changes in response to problems DCI is unable to solve as quickly as we would like. Seems as though this season came up too fast to sift through all of this in time. I have faith 2016 will be better.

In the meantime, what I am getting for my purchase is adequate for now. Living on the East Coast, I expect to view 7-8 events from home. In my situation, that's still worth the cost. Nevertheless, DCI is in a bad place right now. I'll continue to participate to help soften the blow it has taken. Please help as best you can.

I'm going to save my money for the archives, whenever they release that.

Edited by Cappybara

Also sad to see, from the response that "Bob" gave to the one poster, that 2015 APD's would be available AFTER the season. That hurts me personally even more than the vids, because I loved buying the early and midseason shows and popping the recordings in my car throughout the summer. Really sad... I hope its all just speculation, rumor, etc. and things change, but its not looking good.

And by that time, they will probably just put out "end of season" APDs, one performance per corps, leaving no opportunity to buy any of the earlier performances from throughout the season.

Unfortunately, I am one of the people that DCI depends on to stick with them.

I started a tradition a decade ago of hosting seniors and section leaders in the marching band to watch DCI live during band camp. It is something that underclassmen hear about every year and look forward to attending when they are seniors. I won't stop that tradition because DCI had to make this decision.

However, many will leave Fan Network/DCI Live. It appears that most of our fears that we talked about in this blog have come true. This is a hard sell and it has not been handled well by the DCI staff.

Edited by Old Corps Guy
  • Like 1

So if there is no "on demand" to view afterwards... if there are issues with the live feed then subscribers are screwed?

Exactly. Given previous experience it's an awful risk. I don't want to tune in for four hours to see the three corps I want to watch, either. DCI has screwed the pooch.

In the words of Leonard Hofstadtler, and I quote:

"Alright, let me see if I can explain your situation using Physics. What would you be if you were attached to another object by an incline plane wrapped helically around an access?"

Sheldon Cooper: SCREWED!.

Edited by Old Corps Guy

I have the NHL Center Ice package

Now I know why I like you

Deleted duplicate

Edited by Old Corps Guy

At least it looks like the DCI facebook page is getting lit up with complaints about the new DCI live, etc., so the word is getting out about how unhappy people are. Not that anything may be able to be done about it...

Now, my next concern will be, are they going to issue DVD/Blu-ray/CD at the end of the year? If they have to stop making those due to the copyright issues, its going to be a long hard winter. Tom Blair must be sick over all of this...

Here is the Facebook message I sent and the response:

Me:
From what I'm seeing so far the "NEW" sucks...
what happened to the legacy videos...
how long will the "LIVE" videos remain available to view?
does the $99 version include a disc?
why are there no FAQ's for folks to read regarding what is and isn't included?
so far you've lost me as a "FAN" of the "NEW"...

DCI:

Hi Jeff,

We don't have the answers to all of those questions finalized quite yet. Some of your can be answered here: http://www.dci.org/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=965782&SPID=166025&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=210138208&DB_OEM_ID=33500

There's also a form you can sign up on to receive an email with more info when it becomes available.