New judges, new training, new comments...

Of course y'all been checking the DCI website for announcements only to be surprised by the video from John Phillips about the new green shirts and the article from DCI concerning their following Hopkins in using webinars, call-ins, and keeping airflight costs to a minimum. Even Crown had to eke a shudder that was heard in far off planets when news of the Judges in Spring Training leaked.

It can now be revealed, although unsaid in the article and not yet in Ink, that hanky-panky erupted at the session. tilting the experience at the risk of absurdity.

Cadet2000 and Cappybara teamed up for a hacking intervention worthy of the DoD of drum corps to get the first sneak peak of adjudication of the 2015 season.

Plan9 and Brasso stunned the judges with their forthright commentary, "suggestions" and editorials which turned Chocolate-bathing Cesario into diabetic coma flatlining while drooling for the Waffles certain San Fran posters kept teasing. Hornteacher and Perc both dazzled their proper captions while Guardling and ChattyT put the color back into everything Guard. Eleran, Ghost, Craiga, and Liahona led the crusade for the proper understanding of props, rotaries, and Tanglewood protocols for timing and cocktail hours. The only penalties for 2015 will be if units fail to send Dan Potter's daughter the appropriate gift and graduation card since the one year anniversary is already upon us.

Since it is still SpringTraining, the judges are still tripping over each other in their drill forms, practicing how to hurdle judge-barriers at the sidelines, doing quick push-ups to be ready for when trapped in the form, pull-ups to be ready for when they need to be on press box roofs for first tour high school fields, and getting plenty of hemorrhoid cream at the ready for those hours seated in First Class and then in big stadium sky-boxes. Excercise buff Michael Boo led them in these rigors after they spent half the day in caucus determining whether they were starting on the left foot or right. By then Boo was no longer in the buff but ready for his nap. Since this season has already been marked by some silliness while Inventions and experiments are attempted before the fast approaching first contesting, the resulting kinetic noise may lead to some confusion in anticipation. In fact, one unit has already begun a phantom move of travelling West in search of Europe as if they were Christopher Columbus. Your own contributions of insight will undoubtedly add to the mix, which can be deposited here: http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=3510aeec-f91b-4b71-9884-5af195524658

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 5

mushrooms are growing in the early summer fields now, but as a precaution, they are not readily digestible, and some of them are to be avoided altogether as they do have a tendency to produce rather unusual dream like side effects.

• Like 4

That might set the record for pun density, but man, I would love to be able to watch that webcast replay. I feel like it would be great to see how the judges are being trained to evaluate the shows!

Eleran, Ghost, Craiga, and Liahona led the crusade for the proper understanding of props, rotaries, and Tanglewood protocols for timing and cocktail hours. The only penalties for 2015 will be if units fail to send Dan Potter's daughter the appropriate gift and graduation card since the one year anniversary is already upon us.

http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=3510aeec-f91b-4b71-9884-5af195524658

OKAY...I'm very honored that I'm even mentioned in this post... :cool:

• Like 1

Hey Jeff, thanks for the post.

I wonder if those judges have improved much.

Neither I nor Banished B mentioned the "Sprints and Long Distance Running" skills needed a la Allan Kristiansen and Crown last season. He's not the only one.