June1st Dead Line

surprise corps is Alliance. Would have been great with 8, good luck windsor!

Bushwackers are on the rise and still need a few spots. Hopefully they will be encouraged to check them out.

Not to mention they are based about 15 minutes apart, between West Windsor and Princeton.

Best of luck to both corps.

Had the link said something to the effect that Windsor was opting out of DCA for the season but competing in other arenas (Sound Sport would be the only realistic other option ttat I am aware of- maybe saying specifically what the plans would be rather than being nebulous might help?), that clarity would have helped immensely, just sayin'. It would have avoided having to come onto DCP and clarify the intiial statement on the website. Teachable moment.

Interesting lineup in both Open and A. I agree with Bill- Class A isn't moving "Down" anymore. Strong arguments have been made over the last several seasons that A might be tougher to make finals in than Open.

I'm also impressed with the Way A has been working for the DCA corps it serves. DCA can point to Fusion as an A Corps that used A to build itself into a powerhouse, and they can also have corps like the Govies who are comfortable staying there as well and having success and great performances. It's been filling both needs for the member organizations well.

• Like 1

Strong arguments have been made over the last several seasons that A might be tougher to make Finals in than Open.

Arguably that will be true this year, since only 67% of the six Class A corps in Prelims can make Finals, but 77% of the thirteen Open Class corps in Prelims can do so.

Arguably that will be true this year, since only 67% of the six Class A corps in Prelims can make Finals, but 77% of the thirteen Open Class corps in Prelims can do so.

Even more so than that. There are seven Class A groups now that Alliance has declared Class A (or now that we know). Sad to see Windsor Regiment leave, and I wish them the best in whatever they are doing.

Even more so than that. There are seven Class A groups now that Alliance has declared Class A (or now that we know).

Seven Class A corps, but I think only six will be at championships.

Seven Class A corps, but I think only six will be at championships.

Who's not going to Championships?

Who's not going to Championships?

My mistake! For some reason, I thought Chops was only playing local shows this year. Either I missed it on their schedule when I checked it earlier this year, or they've updated, but in either case, you're right: only 57% of Class A corps in Prelims can move on to Finals.

Edited to fix typo.

Edited by N.E. Brigand
  • Like 1

Honestly, there was a time during the winter when I was wondering if there would be enough Class A corps this year to cover the four finalist spots.

Now, Class A prelims is shaping up as quite a throwdown... not only to make finals, but for the top spot. A solid field.

• Like 2