2015 Uniforms (All Threads Now Merged HERE)

Does the Colts show have a wrestling theme to it? What's with the wrestling headgear in the photo?

You mean the Cavies...?

Their theme is Game On. It's pretty vague what that refers to but it seems to be a show focusing on general athleticism. Why they chose that headpiece, the world may never know.

really? lobot apparently forgotten by the masses...

sadness.

4926458_orig.jpg

Ah. Ok. I did see the film once, really!

As long as we're on the subject ...

Leia-Dos1.jpg

You mean the Cavies...?

Their theme is Game On. It's pretty vague what that refers to but it seems to be a show focusing on general athleticism. Why they chose that headpiece, the world may never know.

Thanks for clearing up the corp for me. The list was a little difficult to follow with all the missing uniforms.

Does the Colts show have a wrestling theme to it? What's with the wrestling headgear in the photo?

I go back to the beginning of DCI, and I'd be hard pressed to name more than a few Corps whose non guard head gear fit their theme that particular year, yogitom.

• Like 1

The Cavies guard uniform gives me a "Tron:Legacy" meets "American Gladiator" type of vibe.

Based on the source music and props, it seems like the show is a mix of athletic music and Olympic type games with some electronic music (al 2nd movement), thrown in. I guess thats why we have sort of a wrestlers type headgear, but a lot more contemporary and colorful costume. I think its a pretty cool look actually. Almost a subliminal throwback to "Spin Cycle" in a weird "retro-futuristic" sort of way.

I'm a new poster - it might not take you vets long to figure out where my aligences lie.

There seems to be a lot of blowback about the new Crossmen uniform. The criticism of Xmen seems to center on a lack of "corps identity" because of the lack of red, even though the corps proper have the same silhouette, cross and Aussie as last season. It seems to be all about the colors.

Crown, on the other hand, has been changing colors each year for the past four years, and nobody is talking about "corps identity" with them. Same circumstances: uniforms have the same silhouette, shako, etc.

Educate me. What is the difference? Is it purely aesthetic?

I'm here to tell ya, the new Xmen uniforms look amazing from the stands, and they help convey the message of the show. Haters, please hold your judgment until you see the production. You'll understand.

Thanks!

Some corps seem to have more of an allegiance to color scheme or style of uniform. Of course abrupt changes can and do happen. The crown switch from the "cream team" to their new style was met with its own critics, but i think most are settled on the new post-post-modern look (as i like to call it).

This might have to do with Crown having a good but not very extensive history so their image is more malleable. Older corps seem to be more careful about changing their style, especially colors. See: The Cadets.

This crossmen getup is not what comes to mind when people thing crossmen, or bones for that matter. But if people like the production this year and they succeed with it, people will get on board with the new look.

BK's new look was met with skepticism. Same with BAC. While it wasnt a color change, it was a style change. Now i think people are already used to it.

Some corps seem to have more of an allegiance to color scheme or style of uniform. Of course abrupt changes can and do happen. The crown switch from the "cream team" to their new style was met with its own critics, but i think most are settled on the new post-post-modern look (as i like to call it).

This might have to do with Crown having a good but not very extensive history so their image is more malleable. Older corps seem to be more careful about changing their style, especially colors. See: The Cadets.

This crossmen getup is not what comes to mind when people thing crossmen, or bones for that matter. But if people like the production this year and they succeed with it, people will get on board with the new look.

BK's new look was met with skepticism. Same with BAC. While it wasnt a color change, it was a style change. Now i think people are already used to it.

Historically there were jazz corps, classical corps, modernist corps, popular music corps, etc. Those lines have blurred a lot, but clearly still exist to some extent. Star of Indiana violated this tradition by reinventing themselves each year. The uniform changed frequently as well. Crown has followed this tradition.

So, many people, at least from earlier eras, expect them to be radically different (some may even by annoyed by the continuation of the jackets). Most or all of the other corps uniforms will be judged on how they carry the long tradition of that corps in addition to how well it fits the show.

On the other hand, if the Cadets were to change anything at all but small details, they would be attacked by most DCP posters.

It ain't fair, but it's the tradition these corps have carved out for themselves.

Historically there were jazz corps, classical corps, modernist corps, popular music corps, etc. Those lines have blurred a lot, but clearly still exist to some extent. Star of Indiana violated this tradition by reinventing themselves each year. The uniform changed frequently as well. Crown has followed this tradition.

So, many people, at least from earlier eras, expect them to be radically different (some may even by annoyed by the continuation of the jackets). Most or all of the other corps uniforms will be judged on how they carry the long tradition of that corps in addition to how well it fits the show.

On the other hand, if the Cadets were to change anything at all but small details, they would be attacked by most DCP posters.

It ain't fair, but it's the tradition these corps have carved out for themselves.

I totally agree BUT will also say IF Cadets or any corps ) were sitting out of finals year after year sorta in sorta out they might just try to change their image to NOT be connected to recent past and looked at in a new fresh way. Maybe , Maybe not but certainly a possibility.

I totally agree BUT will also say IF Cadets or any corps ) were sitting out of finals year after year sorta in sorta out they might just try to change their image to NOT be connected to recent past and looked at in a new fresh way. Maybe , Maybe not but certainly a possibility.

Yeah, and I wonder if GH has wanted to do it anyway. There are some suggestions out there if he wants some inspiration ...

dci_xl_throwback_3_1_by_becorps-d4g32gm.

This could make for an interesting DCP contest ...

(covers head)

• Like 2

Yeah, and I wonder if GH has wanted to do it anyway. There are some suggestions out there if he wants some inspiration ...

dci_xl_throwback_3_1_by_becorps-d4g32gm.

This could make for an interesting DCP contest ...

(covers head)

kinda cool.....lol..as far as Cadets Alumni..yeah like most alumni there are some vocal.( some much worse than otherslol...and well known within the activity ) NO DEBATE , a statement not an entry to another discussion )..lol ....BUT many Cadet alumni are not opposed to some change at all. Hopkins? Well Hop is Hop and will do whats necessary I think

Edited by GUARDLING