2016 Prediction Thread

Yes, hurting for members. A drum corps is not made up of mellophones only. Numbers do not equal quality either.

I am perfectly aware of that. However, in the long run, and with all things being equal, I'll take an abundance over a paucity.

A drum corps is not made up of mellophones only. Numbers do not equal quality either.

You don't say!

These are true statements in all circumstances, for all corps, at all times. They do not, by themselves, indicate anything actual about the current state of the Troopers' horn line.

I was able to share one piece of actual evidence in response to the assertion that the brass line is "hurting." So far you have provided not evidence but a general statement that never is false for anyone.

The ultimate answer, of course, will be on the field in a few months. So far, however, the actual evidence appears to indicate the corps, far from "hurting," is enjoying a strong offseason. As are many other corps, of course. Good signs all around, for most everybody, as far as I can tell. As I've said many times, the floor is rising in DCI.

• Like 1

I would really be shocked if the Troopers were scarce for members to fill out their hornline after the past 3 seasons.

That and many corps send the kids that got cut to Troopers for World Class experience.

That and many corps send the kids that got cut to Troopers for World Class experience.

Its amazing to me that so many Corps allow themselves to become essentially uncompensated feeder system " minor leaguers " to the" major league" eite Corps. Especially ones that they actually are expected to compete with in the same competitive division each and every season. We really do have an unusual and strange competition system that outsiders must scratch their heads with on the unprecedented manner by which we arrange the yearly competition among competing teams.

Such an unheard of sweet deal for the perennial" major league" DCI " teams at the very top ", I tell ya.

The Blue Devils have benefited from this sweet deal arrangement system for 40 years. Under such an unprecedented and wholly unusual system, they will undeniably remain a title contender each and every year now until the End Times under such a sweet deal of a system.

Nobody here could possibly disagree on this long range prediction on the Blue Devils either, one would imagine.

Edited by BRASSO

Prediction to get us back on track............Cascades continue to rise. Two great years after restructuring and cleaning house, some incredibly clever programming and really fun shows the last two years, the "Black Hole Sun" "Jupiter" mashup ballad last year was genius. It wouldn't surprise me to see them jump up another spot or two. Have been singing their praises for two years, hope it continues.

• Like 1

My last day of Feb predicitions:

1) Crown

2) Bluecoats

3) SCV

4) Blue Devils

5) Cadets

6) BK

7) Cavies

8) Madison

9) Phantom

10) Boston