Hey Staff People... Don't be jerks

The only disruption I've ever seen at a show was at DATR last year when a drunk guy started getting into it with some people in front of him who he told to shut up with some...........expletives and they had a kid with em. Stadium staff took care of it pretty quick.

Other than that I've had the staff of many corps sit around me, as well as corps members who have always been extremely professional and ask before they sit down in an empty seat. If you have issues take it to the corps IMO. On here probably won't do anything.

Some of those corps directors certainly have personal issues. :augen51:

Show sponsors are supposed to provide a viewing area for the staff near the press box (for their corps only). Not all shows do, which is why you see many staff having to stand or sit in the aisle at the top of the stairs or trying to find any open seat with a decent viewing angle.

Exactly.

And if a viewing area is provided, it's up to the staff members to go there and not sit in the seats.

Heh... I worked a show, back in the day, where a viewing area was provided...and some staff members from one corps decided to ignore it and sit in the aisle. Then they decided to ignore the request from a show staffer to please move from the aisles and into the designated area.

The show staffer made this request twice... politely, both times. He was ignored both times. So... his third "request" was not so polite. LOL. I thought he was literally going to kill the corps' staff members. Turned out the show staffer was an active-duty FBI agent. Suffice to say, the corps' staff members moved. Quickly. :tongue:

Edited by Fran Haring

Exactly.

And if a viewing area is provided, it's up to the staff members to go there and not sit in the seats.

Heh... I worked a show, back in the day, where a viewing area was provided...and some staff members from one corps decided to ignore it and sit in the aisle. Then they decided to ignore the request from a show staffer to please move from the aisles and into the designated area.

The show staffer made this request twice... politely, both times. He was ignored both times. So... his third "request" was not so polite. LOL. I thought he was literally going to kill the corps' staff members. Turned out the show staffer was an active-duty FBI agent. Suffice to say, the corps' staff members moved. Quickly. :tongue:

Kris has a cousin and his wife that are active duty FBI and just moved from DC to FL. The cousin works computer crime and barely 5' 6". The lady is a head taller and very attractive but I can picture her "getting results".

Hey what about shows where the flippin' announcer is on the field a few yards from the front sideline..... Scranton about 10 years ago seems to stick in my mind. :tounge2:

As a former show Chairmen, It is extremely difficult to find great locations for staff members. We used to have a sky box (great vantage point) available until we were forced into changing locations. Anyway, We always tried to designate a spot for staff during their corps performance. That is the problem. Staff members feel that once their corps has performed, they can still stay in the stands where paying customers sit.

That is not correct and should be enforced. The problem, is having enough volunteers to manage this problem. We always struggled having enough volunteers and making sure it was handled in a professional manner.

Anyway, there is no room for rudeness by staff members as they do represent their corps. This is a top down problem. Also, if they do not have the layout of the location for staff viewing area, they should ask. Not just sit where ever they can find a seat.

Some helpful tips:

Be respectful of the paying customers as they are the ones who may buy a tee shirt that helps pay their salary.

One never knows where the next great member may come from. The paying customer you disturb may have a kids getting ready to march someday.(But, if your rude, not your corps)

The list can go on.

Oh yes - that was the show. It was a travesty - just because of all the yacking. That hornline was absolutely freaking incredible but the dumb story line and yacking ruined it.

Yes such "travesty" ....so much of a travesty that they placed second overall......tied for 1st place in GE........got 2nd place in Brass.........and overall lost to the Blue Devils during their 50th anniversary season with Finals being in California for the first and only time............and only missed 1st place at semi-finals by .05 ........ya, such a travesty

Those members of the Cadets were awesome that weekend especially with how rude fans were to their entire corps.......That was imo, the most disrespectful thing I have ever witnessed at a DCI event.......much worse then anything else I have read in this thread.

Edited by dbg
  • Like 6

The only disruption I've ever seen at a show was at DATR last year when a drunk guy started getting into it with some people in front of him who he told to shut up with some...........expletives and they had a kid with em. Stadium staff took care of it pretty quick.

Other than that I've had the staff of many corps sit around me, as well as corps members who have always been extremely professional and ask before they sit down in an empty seat. If you have issues take it to the corps IMO. On here probably won't do anything.

Haaayyy...watch hoo your calling a drunk their, budy. Did you ever consider the frase "They're but buy the grase of God go eye?" Ewe might well want too dwell upon it alittle. Enuff sed...

• Like 1

Haaayyy...watch hoo your calling a drunk their, budy. Did you ever consider the frase "They're but buy the grase of God go eye?" Ewe might well want too dwell upon it alittle. Enuff sed...

Eye wotched hem dreenkeng oll neyeght laung sowe eye theenk dats wat wuz gowing awn. :guinesssmilie::guinesssmilie::guinesssmilie::beer::beer::beer:

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

Eye wotched hem dreenkeng oll neyeght laung sowe eye theenk dats wat wuz gowing awn. :guinesssmilie::guinesssmilie::guinesssmilie::beer::beer::beer:

Touche, my good Sir...touche. :colgate:

• Like 1