Semi Finals itinerary

I'm planning on taking my dad and nephew to SF this year. I want to see more than just the top 12.

I know it's 25 corps makes for a long day and that it will start at 2pm. What I'd like to know is if/when INT will play so that we can go eat and get rid of the ringing in our ears for a bit.

I'm pretty sure there is a dinner break in the middle, but does anyone happen to have a copy of last year's SF time schedule?

It would be nice to know approximately when the breaks are, how long they are, and how many there will be. DCI has not posted the time schedule for the competition yet, for obvious reasons.

Thanks!

I'm assuming you are talking about the theater showing of the DCI Prelims on Thurs in August. I've seen it before at the Westfield Theater in SF near Powell St. They usually announce which theaters will be showing it sometime in July. If I remember I think there are three 15-20 min. breaks. Once DCI publishes the times corps go on, the break times will also be listed. I usually don't go right when it starts but I believe the top 17 starts on the west coast around 4ish.

I imagine he is talking about the live semi-finals at Lucas Oil Stadium, but I could be mistaken....

Anyway, to the original poster: I know they do a dinner break, but I have no times-- sorry. Hopefully someone out there has a copy of the times from semi finals last year.

They have several INT performances, semis and prelims are busy for INT.

But there is a larger break for dinner around 6ish.

Also you may find it "okay" to miss some corps around the break if you want to beat the rush to get food. Or if youre okay with coming back a little late. If you dont want to pay for overpriced lucas oil food, theres a subway, white castle, arbys not too far away to the east of the stadium (i think east) and a tgif not to far to the NW of the stadium in the mariott Plaza.

• Like 1

Can't remember the exact time off the top of my head - there is a short break mid-afternoon I think and then a long (about 50 minutes) dinner break that starts somewhere in the 5-6pm time frame. It's long enough that lots of people walk the White Castle a block or 2 from the stadium and be back in time for the step off of the next corps. There is another short break before the top-6 (I think) perform.

Understanding that you mean you will be in Indianapolis for Semi Finals...

Usually dinner break is only 45 minutes before the first corps take the field again. DCI does often try to sneak in some special segment during that time. Lines at refreshment stands in stadium may need that much time to wait, eat, and hit the facilities before returning to seats.

If you venture outside the stadium, Shapiro's is the closest eating place to the South of the stadium, across the parking lot.

To the west, some new brew/food places have opened on the sidestreets. However, they are small, not in a rush, and I am not confident about the service or quality.

If you go outside of the stadium you will miss several corps for sure unless you are as young and a track star like poster #5.

I do agree with the above poster #4..

Edited by xandandl

Yeah - dinner break of around 90 minutes around 5-6:30 ish

If you can miss one prior to the break or one following the break it will give you time to his someone locally

If you're trying to see all corps you'll have just enough time to eat at LOS and hang out - take ten minutes just to get out of stadium / back in - lots of escalators and hallways to maneuver

As Cleveland1 just posted a few places just a five to ten minute walk from stadium

If you are driving in another option is to pack a cooler and leave in your trunk of car and go have a tailgate meal...

• Like 1