Cadets 2007

I think people have blown the amount of narration in this show way out of proportion. I think with the whole hash mark thing....which really wasn't a big deal....all got added together......and people wanted to complain.....there are several corps or people involved with certain corps that have become the "whipping boy" of the arm chair corps directors or ratchetey old fans......George Hopkins is often one of those people.......If any other corps director asked to get the hash marks redone I am pretty confident that nobody would have complained.........we should also remember that Hopkins asking that the hash marks be repainted also benefited the Blue Devils.

In my opinion, especially since I was at the Rose Bowl on quarter finals night....that was the lowest point fans have ever reached as a DCI event.....at least since I began attending shows back in 1987.

People feel more safe ripping on corps or people who are good....they do this as a way to build themselves up.....its like the people that recently say LeBron James sucks because Cavs didn't win the NBA championship.......really people.....what a load of crap. Now some will argue against my point by saying "I can have my opinion"...or "there are different levels of expectations/different levels of sucking"....whatever...........it is so funny to me that people rip on design choices of Cadets or Blue Devils...but then are too afraid to comment on other corps who maybe float around the 25th place spot continually......Im not saying a lower placing corps should be disrespected.....but when you rip on high placing corps and say they have bad design you just show your ignorance........all corps and designers in my opinion deserve respect......if you think you can design or run a corps better....then by all means get out and do it get involved......what's stopping you?

Edited by dbg
  • Like 4

I think people have blown the amount of narration in this show way out of proportion. I think with the whole hash mark thing....which really wasn't a big deal....(snip) If any other corps director asked to get the hash marks redone I am pretty confident that nobody would have complained.........we should also remember that Hopkins asking that the hash marks be repainted also benefited the Blue Devils.

Very true. I was very upset at the fans after that fiasco. WE saw some of that in 1993 with Star as well, even in 1991 with Star.

People feel more safe ripping on corps or people who are good....they do this as a way to build themselves up.....its like the people that recently say LeBron James sucks because Cavs didn't win the NBA championship.......really people.....what a load of crap. Now some will argue against my point by saying "I can have my opinion"...or "there are different levels of expectations/different levels of sucking"....whatever...........it is so funny to me that people rip on design choices of Cadets or Blue Devils...but then are too afraid to comment on other corps who maybe float around the 25th place spot continually

It's easy to pick on those at the top. Most people root for underdogs. If you have an outspoken director and you try to push the activity forward, or if you win all the time and try to push the activity forward, chances are you will get belittled and blamed for a lot. That's life. It's not easy being on top of the mountain. The Cadets and Blue Devils have 26 titles between them. They've come close (2nd or 3rd place) a LOT.

• Like 2

I think people have blown the amount of narration in this show way out of proportion. I think with the whole hash mark thing....which really wasn't a big deal....all got added together......and people wanted to complain.....there are several corps or people involved with certain corps that have become the "whipping boy" of the arm chair corps directors or ratchetey old fans......George Hopkins is often one of those people.......If any other corps director asked to get the hash marks redone I am pretty confident that nobody would have complained.........we should also remember that Hopkins asking that the hash marks be repainted also benefited the Blue Devils.

In my opinion, especially since I was at the Rose Bowl on quarter finals night....that was the lowest point fans have ever reached as a DCI event.....at least since I began attending shows back in 1987.

People feel more safe ripping on corps or people who are good....they do this as a way to build themselves up.....its like the people that recently say LeBron James sucks because Cavs didn't win the NBA championship.......really people.....what a load of crap. Now some will argue against my point by saying "I can have my opinion"...or "there are different levels of expectations/different levels of sucking"....whatever...........it is so funny to me that people rip on design choices of Cadets or Blue Devils...but then are too afraid to comment on other corps who maybe float around the 25th place spot continually......Im not saying a lower placing corps should be disrespected.....but when you rip on high placing corps and say they have bad design you just show your ignorance........all corps and designers in my opinion deserve respect......if you think you can design or run a corps better....then by all means get out and do it get involved......what's stopping you?

I think what really pushes this show from listenable to unlistenable was the narration in the ballad. The guy talking sounds like Barney the Dinosaur and the dialogue is sooooo cheesy lol. The corps was a monster though (in a good way) which is why I want the recording without narration.

ok...personally I thought the guy sounded like Napolean Dynamite........all joking aside........he sounded a bit winded.....and rightfully so......after all the fast marching and playing that he just did...who wouldn't be winded

Good point.

It is funny that Cadets or others , their suckiest is still better than others best and achievements. HMMMMMMM how many would kill to suck that bad...lol

• Like 2

Back in 2007 when all the talk was about this show and the narration, I was very ready to dislike it. Then I saw the Cadets live in Hershey, and they BLEW ME OUT OF MY SEAT at their opening impact - I got up and went crazy for them. To this day that is my favorite drum corps experience. I'm still kind of glad they didn't win because I didn't want to see shows go in that direction, but they were one of the best corps I've ever seen.

• Like 1