Cadets 2007

So there's been some talk of Cadets 2007 around on DCP and got me wondering... Does anyone have a recording of the show without the narration? Perhaps a standstill performance, rehearsal, or warm up segment?

I really love that show but it becomes so hard to listen to with the bad voicing (especially in the ballad...)

not that I'm aware of. Ignore the narration - it is some fantastic drumming, marching, playing and spinning going on.

Still shocked it didn't win. Even with the annoying narration. That corps was incredible.

here is the best video on youtube for Cadets 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9LLcYiznIY

semifinals day recording - spliced together from rehearsal that day

I was at the rehearsal - corps was so intense. This was the day after they were rudely booed by the drunk crowd at the Rose Bowl.

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 1

Google search brought up a link to Reddit with the opener sans narration, but that's all I saw. I swear their preseason CD that year had both with and without voices on it. (Or was that 2008?)

Mike

you might be right about the preseason - I sorta remember that too...

Here we go -

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/98504-the-cadets-2007-horns-drums-guard-and-drill/?p=1873853

Cadets now have downloads available at their website:

New for 2007! All clips are full length. All tracks are the same recordings that are found on the 2007 Cadets "This I Believe" CD. Tracks will turn into downloadable links after completing the checkout process.

The three "This I Believe" show tracks have both show versions (with narration), or music-only versions to choose from.

Of course, they're not sold by YEA anymore, but that may give you a starting place to search.

Mike

Too bad the talking can't be digitally removed from the track :tounge2:. That was a heluva show hidden beneath all of the narration.

• Like 1

here is the best video on youtube for Cadets 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9LLcYiznIY

semifinals day recording - spliced together from rehearsal that day

I was at the rehearsal - corps was so intense. This was the day after they were rudely booed by the drunk crowd at the Rose Bowl.

Nelhybel would have dug their take on Symphonic Movement.....that's a fun piece in concert season.

Here's the first 4 minutes sans narration. They sound SO good.

I'd always heard stories about the 2007 championships, had never looked into what all the fuss was about. Was about a year before I got introduced to DCI. Went back to those discussions on here....................geez. Won't open old wounds but anything nowadays is pretty tame on here compared to those...events. That would be pretty wild to watch unfold.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 2