Coast Classic C Corps Conundrum, Allentown, Monday June 29th

....and he's not just saying this because he's a "homer"...

no -- actually Im not. with the kid aged out for 2 years now, i don't feel "obligated" to honk for crown. and it's not really a dig on the cadets. if think if i had just heard their show i probably would not have made a comment.

and it's certainly just my opinion after watching both shows live for the first time.

you get to decide for yourself in Clifton! see you there:-)

Edited by corpsband

no -- actually Im not. with the kid aged out for 2 years now, i don't feel "obligated" to honk for crown. and it's not really a dig on the cadets. if think if i had just heard their show i probably would not have made a comment.

and it's certainly just my opinion after watching both show live for the first time.

you get to decide for yourself in Clifton! see you there:-)

I'll be there (with my 5 year old nephew....or is he 6 years old? Hell, just look for me and a little pipsqueak).

Well, heck, if all it takes is banners to increase your score by 16 percent every 7 days . . . DCI fields will be swaddled in fabric this weekend.

Not even BD has improved by 10 points since the beginning the of the season, let alone in the past 7 days (4 shows). I know the kids are talented and hard-working, and sure the banners are pretty, but I have a hard time believing any corps adds 98 tenths of a point in the span of 4 shows.

Also, I'm not cynical by nature, but I do look at the June 29 scores across the country and I wonder if there's a DCI memo somewhere in every judge's briefcase that says "No one breaks 80 until July. Seriously, you guys."

It was a joke about the banners, though i'm sure it helped. Moving bannerless displays around the field mustve looked odd.

But about the judges not giving anyone an 80 yet, it looks that way but the only way they could insure no one went over 80 is if they knew what scores the other judges were giving. And if that is the case, we have a massive score conspiracy on our hands.

Understood it to be a joke. Still not buying a 10-point jump in 3 contests, though, for any corps under any circumstances. Heck, BK is going to install (not replace, but install) a completely new visual chapter to its show this week, and it won't (and shouldn't) result in a 10-point jump 3 contests later. Anyway, we'll see what happens Thursday in Foxboro. As for the score remark, that too was tongue-in-cheek, though I don't believe it would require any judge to know anything at all about any other judge's scores. If everyone kept their own caption score below 80 percent of the caption maximum (i.e. 16.0 on a 20.0-point caption), then the overall score would stay at 80 or lower. But last night in Allentown, both GE judges put Cadets above 16, so there goes my theory. Oh well.

Edited by 2muchcoffeeman

Understood it to be a joke. Still not buying a 10-point jump in 3 contests, though, for any corps under any circumstances. Heck, BK is going to install (not replace, but install) a completely new visual chapter to its show this week, and it won't (and shouldn't) result in a 10-point jump 3 contests later. Anyway, we'll see what happens Thursday in Foxboro. As for the score remark, that too was tongue-in-cheek, though I don't believe it would require any judge to know anything at all about any other judge's scores. If everyone kept their own caption score below 80 percent of the caption maximum (i.e. 16.0 on a 20.0-point caption), then the overall score would stay at 80 or lower. But last night in Allentown, both GE judges put Cadets above 16, so there goes my theory. Oh well.

Don't forget, the lower a score starts at the easier it will be to jump 10 points. The jump of 10 points by BAC may be more a result of the score starting lower than expected than an actual 10 point gain. I'm sure if you go back and look at the largest gains in a season, it is rarely done by a corps that wins a title. Regardless, gaining 10 points in a week is never a bad thing. Lets hope BAC continues to rise...

Z

Don't forget, the lower a score starts at the easier it will be to jump 10 points. The jump of 10 points by BAC may be more a result of the score starting lower than expected than an actual 10 point gain. I'm sure if you go back and look at the largest gains in a season, it is rarely done by a corps that wins a title. Regardless, gaining 10 points in a week is never a bad thing. Lets hope BAC continues to rise...

Z

This is true, Also as the top 7 or 8 reveal themselves 9-13 or 14 ( whoever all of them are) can drop a bit in score as they start to compete together. There's only so many points to work with.

It happens every year, the screamers heads will spin wondering how someone dropped 2 or 3 points.

Show dynamics!

Edited by GUARDLING