Immediate Snare Spot Opening @ Boston Crusaders

Yes I've known brass players who have done just that...

...So if a snare just marched in his spot...but didn't play...would that KILL their score?...or what exactly is the reason?....I'm not a drummer...so I am very curious as the reason...

There was an end Crown snare that marched and didn't play for a bit..........but, thanks to a judge, he got back at it!! :)

Edited by JAZZER

There was an end Crown snare that marched and didn't play for a bit..........but, thanks to a judge, he got back at it!! :)

Pretty hard to play an instrument when it's laying on the ground out of reach. Quick thinking by the judge.

That happened 2 years ago with a BAC snare too if I recall.... his snare fell in the Quarters ( or Semi's ) when a strap just snapped off or some such.

' Sounds like Boston got their snare replacement now.... and that seemed pretty quick.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

. Its one thing to pick up the snare drum parts. But its quite another to learn those drum parts, play in total unison with the other snares.

Indeed. Learning the notes is one thing. Performing them as part of a moving ensemble is quite another. To learn the notes, you have to train your hands. To play within the group, you have to train your ears, then link them up to your hands.

Edited by 2muchcoffeeman

Indeed. Learning the notes is one thing. Performing them as part of a moving ensemble is quite another. To learn the notes, you have to train your hands. To play within the group, you have to train your ears, then link them up to your hands.

Glad I was a horn guy.

• Like 2

Sounds like Boston got their snare replacement now.... and that seemed pretty quick.

Let's just say the snare who left has a few friends he needs to rethink their friendship status. The corps showed class and voted him back on board and he's back on the bus.

• Like 1

Let's just say the snare who left has a few friends he needs to rethink their friendship status. The corps showed class and voted him back on board and he's back on the bus.

So your saying the snare that left...is now back?.....LOL

...there has got to be more to this story...but probably best to not air in public I'd imagine....