Rockin' it in Rockford 7/3

i hoping these numbers don't impact SCV or Bloo on sunday

I don't know that any of it matters until everyone is together. The only thing that really matters is maintaining spreads at their respective shows, and even then, still not sure. Phantom 08 comes to mind.

Go ahead, slaughter me now and throw me to the wolves. But that gap between Cavies and Phantom is a shame from Marie on GE 1. Conversely, the gap above Cavies to Bluecoats was a total swing and miss. Just 0.4 from Bluecoats, yet they are 1.1 ahead of Phantom??? Yeaaahhhhh. I'm going to go ahead and take Dave Carbone and the rest of the ENTIRE panel here for the more reasonable gaps between Coats and Cavies across the board. I know she has that soft spot for Cavies, but come on now.

As much as I and everyone else loves Marie, this is her 61st year in the activity (not her age, but her involvement as a member, designer, instructor, judge, etc). She started in 1954. She was first assigned to a DCI World Championships panel in 1976. This is the 40th freaking season since she first judged a DCI Championships...

Hall of famer, incredible lady, advocate, and professional presence in this activity. You couldn't thank anyone more for their service than Marie.

But there is a time (for all of us, really) to step aside when the time is right... and that time has now passed. JMHO.

Edited by IMcomguy
  • Like 3

Go ahead, slaughter me now and throw me to the wolves. But that gap between Cavies and Phantom is a shame from Marie on GE 1. Conversely, the gap above Cavies to Bluecoats was a total swing and miss. Just 0.4 from Bluecoats, yet they are 1.1 ahead of Phantom??? Yeaaahhhhh. I'm going to go ahead and take Dave Carbone and the rest of the ENTIRE panel here for the more reasonable gaps between Coats and Cavies across the board. I know she has that soft spot for Cavies, but come on now.

As much as I and everyone else loves Marie, this is her 61st year in the activity (not her age, but her involvement as a member, designer, instructor, judge, etc). She started in 1954. She was first assigned to a DCI World Championships panel in 1976. This is the 40th freaking season she's been judging DCI...

Hall of famer, incredible lady, advocate, and professional presence in this activity. You couldn't thank anyone more for their service than Marie.

But there is a time (for all of us, really) to step aside when the time is right... and that time has now passed. JMHO.

She's going to be more concerned with the visual while Carbone will be more music oriented. Other than that viz score for Cavs (which I think is about right), their scores for the top 3 are within the same ranges.

I really want to know what changes Bluecoats debuted tonight!!!

She's going to be more concerned with the visual while Carbone will be more music oriented. Other than that viz score for Cavs (which I think is about right), their scores for the top 3 are within the same ranges.

Really? Because the other gaps were 1.3, 1.0, 0.9, 0.8 from Coats to Cavaliers. And Marie had it 0.4. So you can toss the range factor out the window for Cavies if their gaps are completely off above that. Same for below, where she had the largest gap from Cavies to Phantom (1.1).

I get her visual side, and that's her strength. I do. But there are some things that NEVER change with Marie.

Like her undying love for the Boston Crusaders.

/sarcasm

• Like 1

Wonder if Bluecoats not getting a direct comparison to the others in their range will help or hurt them. Been awhile and they don't meet up again for a few shows.

I have been worried about that as well. Just the roll of the dice this season, unfortunately. Thankfully Sunday they have a great shot at an SCV matchup. Can't wait!!!

As much as I and everyone else loves Marie, this is her 61st year in the activity (not her age, but her involvement as a member, designer, instructor, judge, etc). She started in 1954. She was first assigned to a DCI World Championships panel in 1976. This is the 40th freaking season since she first judged a DCI Championships...

Well she has certainly has a side to her many question over the years. That's for sure. very well known in the wgi arena also. I think many designers and judges who warrant and prove over and over their competency is one thing and i dont care if they are 100 but there are many who don't prove a thing and still woven tightly in the activity.